[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - would this work, or is it a scam
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

would this work, or is it a scam

would this work, or is it a scam

Postby solara90 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:36 am

02 solara 2az

solara90
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby QuickSEV6 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 9:59 am

Ha ha ha.

You must know something is up. Thats why you asked, right?

It's a SCAM!
QuickSEV6
Solara Driver Extraordinaire
Solara Driver Extraordinaire

Postby no_escape » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:17 am

Just hook up a leaf blower to your intake... same thing.
SC 4psi - 305cc - Jims Fuel Upgrade - AFC NEO - 190 Walbro - Tokico/Eibach - Short Throw Shifter - FTB - RSB - K&N Filter - Greddy Evo II catback
no_escape
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Midias » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:30 am

no_escape wrote:Just hook up a leaf blower to your intake... same thing.

I bet my leaf blower is more powerful than that fan.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Ransom8707 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 10:37 am

Electric Supercharger?? LMFAO :lol: :lol:
Wow that was a good laugh but yes it's a SCAM
Ransom8707
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Chinky420 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 11:28 am

screw!screw!screw!!! i hate it when i post a reply, but i have to re-log in...it erases all my text

so i'll just say this:
easiest way to tell it's a scam is that it measures in CFM instead of PSI (cubic feet of air per minute; pounds of air per square inch, respectively).
CFM is a measure of flow, not of compression
superchargers/turbochargers are applications based on compression
so when the product claims to be a supercharger, it should be talking about PSI, not CFM

want proof than CFM is an arbitrary unit in regards to compression? tell me how many CFM's of air is compressed in your tires?

also, this product violates the law of conservation of energy (2nd law of thermodynamics), if it claims to give a power increase. anyone with a s/c or turbo will attest: it takes power to make power, and getting over the threshold is the hardest part.

trd s/c drains hp from the crank via belt driven power

turbo systems are slightly different since they use a throwaway stream (exhaust stream) to power themselves. downside to using recycled exhaust, high heat is going to prematurely kill your engine components.

now the big question with this bilge pump is: why is there no downside beyond 12v power drainage? the answer is: it's not going to be doing anything, but looking ugly, and making you the laughing stock of car club night.

shoot, i may even give the Tornado more credit than this product. at least the tornado doesn't claim to defy physics.

when it comes down to it, if your engine is NA, then it's going to get the appropriate amount of air to keep a consistent A/F ratio. if you hammer it, while being NA, you'll get your intake sucking in air on it's own. no need to drain the 12v battery with bullcrap accessories. if your engine is FI, then putting this on your ride deserves a slap in the head.

just my $0.02... this is a repost, by the way, and has been routinely rejected by the hardnosed critics of SG, at least twice before.
Chinky420
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby solara90 » Tue Nov 25, 2008 7:37 pm

well, i knew it would be too good to be true, i hope no one would waste almost $400 on that piece of crap
02 solara 2az

solara90
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Forced Induction