[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 07 SLE CONVERTIBLE V6 RIDIN 20" CHROME FALKEN SOLARIS R
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

07 SLE CONVERTIBLE V6 RIDIN 20" CHROME FALKEN SOLARIS R

07 SLE CONVERTIBLE V6 RIDIN 20" CHROME FALKEN SOLARIS R

Postby beatdownlow » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:23 pm

Just bought this past fall, got 20" falken solaris rims with 225/35/ZR20 toyo rubber, tint, cmd start + alarm + stereo, underbody coat, leather and fabric protect. Would like to do more but hard to find parts i like, would like to keep a clean look, maybe some engine work in the future.

beatdownlow
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby LEE337 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 2:52 pm

I'm not a big fan of chrome, but those look real nice.
What all did you have to do to get them to fit???????
What kinda suspension set up do you have???
Texas SolaraGuy Meet
LEE337
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Pogs » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:07 pm

DAmn those wheels make that car... Nice choosing
Life is 10% what happens to you, and 90% how you react to it.
Search and Win
Its a search engine that gives you random points to get free stuff they offer.
Pogs
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SleeperSolara » Sun Dec 21, 2008 4:37 pm

Looks good man. 8)
You can lower the car to shrink that fender gap between the rims and the fender.
I've always loved the Gen 2.5 HID shrouds.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby Biggi_e » Sun Dec 21, 2008 7:38 pm

those wheels look heavy as stuff!
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Jakecallun20 » Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:20 pm

Its your car do what you want, but they don't look good IMO. Just my .02. BUT...I do think you should lower it regardless.
02' AV6 Accord Coupe- Daily
86' Mercedes 560SL- Project
99' Solara SLE V6- Sold 09/19/09 :(
Jakecallun20
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby 00-solara » Sun Dec 21, 2008 10:22 pm

I think it looks straight but be tighter with the inside pieces painted black to match the car.
2000 Solara SE Diamond White Pearl: 4300K HIDs, Sony H/U, Infinity Kappa 60.5, 693.5i, Two Kicker CVX 10"
00-solara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

reply too lee337

Postby beatdownlow » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:27 am

didn't have to do anything to make them fit. with a 35 series tire it works out to within a hundreth of an inch to the size of the original factory 18's and rubber.

beatdownlow
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

as far as lowering goes....

Postby beatdownlow » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:39 am

i hear what everyone is saying about lowering the car and i appreciate that but i've had a couple cars before lowered and sacrificed the ride quality. i kinda rethought what i wanted in a car before i bought this and i've had the civics and integra's slammed and mod'd to the nuts. i didn't want a race car that sounded like a ski-doo anymore. wanted something with a little luxury, a nice interior and a smooth ride. the solara gave me those things and as much as i'd like to lower it i don't want to compromise the ride quality. and i know a bunch of people are gonna recommend springs and shocks that they say won't compromise the ride. just rememeber im no newbie to the mod game and have had many a car slammed before. there is no avoiding stiffining of suspension. not unless you want to screw up a bunch of stuff. the roads in my city are less than perfect roads as well, pretty brutal actually so another reason not to lower. but i appreciate that, yes, it would look better lowered.
beatdownlow
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

reply to 00-solara

Postby beatdownlow » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:42 am

thank you but could you elaborate on what you mean by inside pieces? the car's interior or????
beatdownlow
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

jake the hater

Postby beatdownlow » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:50 am

sounds to me like the guy that don't have any rims is jealous of the guy who has them. i've owned some nice vehicles before with nice rims and slammed and body work and engine work and to be honest i live in a city with the most millionaires per capita than anywhere else in canada (so there are some crazy nice rides around here) and i get way more looks in this ride than i ever did in my civics or integra. this is a head turning machine. you are entitled to your .02 but i and the majority think your crazy.
beatdownlow
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby gnegroni » Mon Dec 22, 2008 10:55 am

Very nice ride...hope you enjoy your ride for a long time.
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Biggi_e » Mon Dec 22, 2008 11:36 am

if you dont want to lower, the TRD RSB is a great bolt on replacement instead of the stock rsb. it does wonders for our boat like solara's. Takes away a lot of the bodyroll
Biggi_e
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby GzNutz » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:31 pm

I like the rims, but I couldn't sport them due to my fear of curb rash. Does the rim actually extend outside of the tires' profile?
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: jake the hater

Postby Midias » Mon Dec 22, 2008 2:45 pm

beatdownlow wrote:sounds to me like the guy that don't have any rims is jealous of the guy who has them. .

I would not say that many people just don't enjoy oversize chrome rims. (not an escalade forum) Personally I don't like the look of 20's on anything I put them in the same category as a crooked fart cannon exhaust. I care more about a quality intake or exhaust than my cars rims esp around here with the snow and hidden curbs. I also probably would not enjoy the 1/2 second they would cost me on the 1/4 mile.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Next

Return to Pictures and Videos