[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - exhaust flex section repair
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

exhaust flex section repair

exhaust flex section repair

Postby TMMK Toy » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:37 pm

Not sure where best area is for this as this applies to any first gen solara wtih a 1mz as well. Anyway, my 99 camry has a tear in the flex pipe. I was gonna get another flex section and my friend's dad would cut the stocker out and weld in the new one. Is this a piece I can order from the dealer or would that consist of getting the y pipe as well? Is there any place I can get a generic flex section and I'm guessing I need one 2.25 inch in diameter? If I could find a DatSrboi y pipe Id just do that but since I cant I need to get this leak taken care of as it sounds like crap and my low end is starting to lack
TMMK Toy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Midias » Sun Jun 24, 2007 7:45 pm

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Prod ... 61/c-10101

Here choose the right one from jcwhitney
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby TMMK Toy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 3:33 pm

Thanks for the link. So I know I need 2.25 inch diameter but any idea on length?
TMMK Toy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Midias » Mon Jun 25, 2007 4:30 pm

get under there with a tape measure
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby TMMK Toy » Mon Jun 25, 2007 7:22 pm

Ya I did, was just wondering if anyone knew off the top of their head. Appears to be no longer than 7. I couldnt get all the way under but used a tape measure and pretty much that's a rough estimate so the 8'' section will be plenty. I doubt it's even longer than 7 so hopefully this wont be too long. Thanks again for the link
TMMK Toy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Toyota Camry