[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Check engine came on :(
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Check engine came on :(

Postby all_red » Fri Oct 01, 2004 11:40 pm

sensor was replaced today for $520. Stepped on it pretty hard and its fine. Its good to have the car back to normal!
5-speed V6.
TRD Supercharger.
TRD Short Throw Shifter.
Tokico/Eibach combo.
all_red
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Hsakuragi » Sun Oct 03, 2004 3:59 pm

$hit...mine turned on today.... :evil:
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Hsakuragi » Mon Oct 04, 2004 11:16 am

well after resest the battery for couple times, ran 30 miles today, still can run 5 boost, no signs of CEL....very weird...*knock on wood*

anyone know my story?

I'll try to scan the code this weekend... :evil:
The ONE & ONLY Fully Loaded 2006 X Avalon Limited with Body Kit in CA = Special Limited Edition + First 2GR-FE rebored the throttle body (i think...)

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Alex(AUS) » Thu Oct 07, 2004 4:37 am

Replace the sensor (do both while you are there) and tune the car properly. Trust me, it will get worse and worse and then really bad.

I have gone through the whole thing. I thought and prayed and told myself it will be fine but it didnt work out that way.

If you want more boost / power change the pump, injectors, plug in a piggy-back and tune it.

Alex(AUS)
Alex(AUS)
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SC V6 » Thu Oct 07, 2004 8:26 am

after a knock sensor triggers.. it will keep being a pest till its replaced... ive had both of mine replaced.. its a bitc$... stupid knock sensors... u should get it checked out before u have a whole new block shipped in from toyota
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Hsakuragi » Thu Oct 07, 2004 10:09 am

i'm not even sure is it the knock sensor or something else...maybe the egr valve? or whatsoever that cause the CEL, well after 4 days of driving which is like 200 miles already, it didn't came back on and the car still can go 5.5 (max) boost...oh well ...

come on suday, let me scan u and find out what's worng!

i was thinking maybe the MAF sensor was not tighten enough on the injen to cause the CEL, since the MAF sensor has that little plastic thingy stick on it, i took it out, although the bolts are tighted but it still seems moveable

Hsakuragi
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Previous

Return to Forced Induction