[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Cigarette light fuse
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Cigarette light fuse

Cigarette light fuse

Postby mshearon » Sat Feb 07, 2004 1:49 pm

I'm hoping someone can help me make my 99 Solara happy again. A cigarette lighter plug came apart in the auxilliary port and apparently shorted something out. Hopefully a fuse. My cigarette lighter, Aux plug, power mirrors, dome light, and clock are all out. I checked a Hayes manual looking for a fuse but I can't find anything that looks like a single point of failure. I did pull all the fuses in the engine bay fuse block but all appeared good. I hope someone can help me so I don't have to go to the dealer... Thanks in advance.

Mike Shearon
mike_shearon@yahoo.com

please read the rules and post in the correct forum.
mshearon
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby MGLax13 » Sat Feb 07, 2004 6:11 pm

I hear the posting police just around the corner. Sounds like they got the deleted post squad with them. :lol:
MGLax13
SolaraGuy Solara13
SolaraGuy Solara13

Postby geminimouse » Sat Feb 07, 2004 7:29 pm

Check the other places with fuses.
Sometimes when a fuse is blown, it's so small that u can't see it.
08 Accord Coupe
99 Solara Sold on 7/7/07
geminimouse
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Mole » Sat Feb 07, 2004 9:03 pm

you mentioned the fuses in the engine bay. what about the rest of the fuses behind the coin holder, under the mirror adjust.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby mshearon » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:51 am

Thanks for all the replies. I found the fuses under the coin holder and located the blown fuses. The Hayes manual I bought says nothing about this fuse bank. FYI the cig lighter and Aux plug are on seperate 15A fuses.
mshearon
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Grazi07 » Sun Feb 08, 2004 8:54 am

I'm having the same problem... no clock, no dome, no trunk, no door lights.... which fuses were they?
Team Nex-Gen: The new breed of speed!

Check us out at www.teamnexgen.net
Grazi07
SolaraGuy UConn Guy
SolaraGuy UConn Guy

Postby Mole » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:07 am

Grazi07 wrote:I'm having the same problem... no clock, no dome, no trunk, no door lights.... which fuses were they?

if you take the coin holder out, there is a listing of which fuses sit where.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby mshearon » Sun Feb 08, 2004 11:54 am

Right above your left knee when sitting in the car is a coin holder. Pull the coin holder up and out and it will release and pull out. Under there is a fuse bank containing the fuses for the inside of the car. You will find a 15 amp marked cig and a 15 amp marked aux (if I remember right) they are the ones that fuse the clock, dome light, power mirrors...good luck.

Mike
mshearon
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Grazi07 » Mon Feb 09, 2004 12:11 pm

Thanks...and Mole, I've looked at the panel label, and its not very descriptive.
Team Nex-Gen: The new breed of speed!

Check us out at www.teamnexgen.net
Grazi07
SolaraGuy UConn Guy
SolaraGuy UConn Guy

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5