[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Factory service manual
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Factory service manual

Factory service manual

Postby jstarone » Sun Apr 12, 2009 1:26 pm

Does anyone know where I can get a factory service manual for a 1st gen Solara? Im not having much luck finding one.
jstarone
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby jstarone » Sun Apr 12, 2009 6:26 pm

after much much much searching (not sure why it was so hard to find it) I found this thread, if anyone else is looking for this in the future hopefully my small thread will lead them here http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php? ... c&start=30 look on the last page

EDIT: Well thats for the 2004+.. still looking for one for a 99. :(
jstarone
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby gnegroni » Sun Apr 12, 2009 7:28 pm

That is for the Gen2 though... how about the Gen1 manual you were looking for?

Lets keep track of this thread in case it pops up:

http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?p=515563#515563
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby jstarone » Sun Apr 12, 2009 8:19 pm

Yeah I realize thats for a gen 2 sadly :( after it finished downloading hahha. I edited the post accordingly. Hopefully I can find one soon, I'm picking it up in a day or two and need to start doing some work and I hate just figuring stuff out as I go when it comes to interior because it takes longer and don't like breaking clips.
jstarone
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby bronzemaxell » Tue Apr 14, 2009 7:55 pm

jstarone wrote:Yeah I realize thats for a gen 2 sadly :( after it finished downloading hahha. I edited the post accordingly. Hopefully I can find one soon, I'm picking it up in a day or two and need to start doing some work and I hate just figuring stuff out as I go when it comes to interior because it takes longer and don't like breaking clips.

solara gen1 very similar to 97 to 2001 camry except exterior body parts

look at www.camrystuff.com for gen4 camry if you are looking for mechanical and eletrical
Diamond Pearl White V6 SE 5 Speed Manual Transmission, Pure Black headlight with RS6 Bixenon HID projectors retrofit
bronzemaxell
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby gnegroni » Tue Apr 14, 2009 9:28 pm

bronzemaxell wrote:
jstarone wrote:Yeah I realize thats for a gen 2 sadly :( after it finished downloading hahha. I edited the post accordingly. Hopefully I can find one soon, I'm picking it up in a day or two and need to start doing some work and I hate just figuring stuff out as I go when it comes to interior because it takes longer and don't like breaking clips.

look at www.camrystuff.com for gen4 camry if you are looking for mechanical and eletrical

Thanks a lot for the link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
'05 Lunar Mist SE: 2AZ-FE, E351 and all their combined glory!
gnegroni
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby jstarone » Wed Apr 15, 2009 11:01 am

gnegroni wrote:
bronzemaxell wrote:

Thanks a lot for the link!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

x2

Thanks!!!

So the interiors are even close?
Short Throw Shifter - FTB - RSB - Drop in K&N Filter
jstarone
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby bronzemaxell » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:04 am

i don't know which exact interior part diagram you are looking for
but as far as i saw, speedometer cluster, steering wheel, radio, clock, overhead console, arm rest, wiper switch, headllight stalk, engine, transmision, suspension, all interchangeable.

solara is like a 2 door cousin to camry.

one time i went for an alignment, the mechanic can't find toyota solara,
but then it is under the toyota camry subcategory (trim) solara V6 SE

i think the wood trim are different, but i am not sure.
Diamond Pearl White V6 SE 5 Speed Manual Transmission, Pure Black headlight with RS6 Bixenon HID projectors retrofit
bronzemaxell
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby mazen222 » Thu Apr 16, 2009 9:36 am

I have uploaded the repair manual a while ago for the solara gen1... it has all the diagrams and installation procedure, all PDF files

if that what you're looking for type "rapidshare" in the search and it will come up.

let me know if u cant find it
1999, 5 Speed V6
mazen222
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5