[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Another TRD custom catback 56K?
Talk about aftermarket Toyota Solara Gen 1-1.5 upgrades.

Another TRD custom catback 56K?

Another TRD custom catback 56K?

Postby Midias » Fri Jul 25, 2008 10:23 am

Well it is time for me to put the 6th catback on my car sense I have had it. I just finished collecting all the pieces and this should be the last exhaust I ever make. It is all stainless with 2 resonators both perforated with a stainless highflow cat and stainless flanges and hangers. I am going 2.5 inch mandrel bent piping and using my TRD muffler. Hopefully I will be assembling it in about 3 weeks when my schedule clears up and I can get some time with my friends tig. I just thought I would make a nice build thread with pictures and how to make your own exhaust. BTW the cost for all the pipe and resonators was between 250-300 for stainless and about 150 for aluminized. I will also post video of TRD with 2.5 pipe, Y pipe, highflow cat and louvered resonator 18 inch and TRD with straight pipe, Y pipe, highflow cat and 2.5 inch piping and TRD with 2.5 pipe, Y pipe, highflow cat and louvered resonator 14 inch and OBX with highflow cat and Y pipe, when I am done. So ask any questions if you have any.

What I have below is
2 45 degree bends to make the 1 S bend
2 Resonators perforated 18 inch body 22 inch overall
1 Stainless highflow cat OBD2 compliant 11 inch tip to tip
10 feet of straight (overkill with 2 resonators)
1 90 degree bend for right before the trd muffler
4 flanges 2 for the catback and 2 for the highflow cat.
2 hanger rods 3/8
1 O2 sensor bung (not pictured)

Highflow cat

Cat again

Cat and 2 18 inch perforated silverline stainless resonators.

Inside of cat

Inside of resonator

Bends, flanges ect.

1/2 inch stainless flange

Everything

Last edited by Midias on Sun Feb 28, 2010 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SleeperSolara » Sat Jul 26, 2008 6:31 am

Nice man.
Can't wait to see the final exahust pictures.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby anwagbo3000 » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:48 pm

300 does not sound like to much
The three L's....Let Life Lead........
anwagbo3000
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Midias » Sat Aug 30, 2008 12:53 pm

If I remember correctly the 45s were about 20 each same with the 90 the straight was 10 dollars a foot (5 foot minimum) I needed 2 or 3 and the resonators were 60 each. Also the flanges were 8 each and the hanger rod was 5 each lastly the o2 sensor bung was 3 dollars

+
____

~254
for the catback + another 60 for the cat but I am still not sure of the quality of the cat I am trying this brand out for the first time.
Midias
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Aftermarket Gen1 and 1.5