[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - panel/console removal 2000 solara auto
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

panel/console removal 2000 solara auto

panel/console removal 2000 solara auto

Postby JAYDEE23 » Sun Aug 14, 2005 9:28 am

i am in proccess of installing stereo epuiptment and though i would post how to remove some of the panelling so others dont break any tabs like i did.
we will start with

**side foot/door panel(to run power and rca cables to amps etc..) to run wire from engine bay to trunk..if you are running a remote from the batt run this along w/ the power wire

-first remove black panel from under glove box. simply push panel from glove box side toward the front of the car then pull down with a little pressure..there are two tabs that should unclip..then there is a tab that sticks into a hole on the rear. pull it out and remove black panel.

-go through firewall on passenger side..cut a small slit in the factory wire through and fish you power wire through it..

-remove door panel,first you must unclip the side panel. just pull on this one..really nothing to break.just be sure you have a pull spot as close to a fixed point as possible.

-remove foot panel, i broke the tab on the foot panel reinstalling so be careful.After you remove the side panel you can remove this foot panel to the right of the passengers right foot. you must unscrew the black "nut" fixture under the glove box in the back. then you can pull the only other tab holding it, outward toward driver. now this tab is removable from the panel also so take a good look at it and be sure this is the correct method..like i said i broke mine..only on the reinstall

**rear panel/ rear seat - now you will want to pull up on the rear seat passenger side.this should pop right out. route your wiring through the door side panel portion and bring it to where the back panel begins. you can pull out the back panel enough at the bottom rear side of the door to pop out just one tab inside. now fish the beginning of your wire through this rear panel along the bottom and you want it to come out under the rear seat which you now have lifted up..pull line under seat the fish it under the back seat into the trunk compartment.

-you can do the same for rca cables on the other side

**-center console removal..i added a toggle switch for my sub amp i also broke a tab on this center console so be careful.
open consule.remove bottom liner, unbolt the two 12mm? bolts.
next take a screwdriver and pry up the black border surrounding the gear shifter(auto)..the black border/sill before the 12volt power jack/and the jack itself are all one unit.once you have the border pryed up lift up from the side closest the back seat as to rotate the tabs out of there slots by lifting just the back end up..now remove two scres holding center console down. to remove consule you must lift the whole consule up a little bit and then backwards..then work it over the ebrake....do not rotate console up from rear..this is how i broke a tab. good place to run the remote or any wires is from the in point at firewall..up behind the golve box into shifter area then through bottom of sifter into anywhere on the console.

pop all panels back in place very carefully. examine each panel and know how it fits on and how much pressure you can apply before attempting to reinstall..this is how i broke the mounting tab on the foot panel..

this will leave you with perfectly covered wiring for amps etc..
JAYDEE23
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Tutorials Gen 1 and 1.5