[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Need New Motor Mount?? 06' Solara
Stock talk about Solara

Need New Motor Mount?? 06' Solara

Need New Motor Mount?? 06' Solara

Postby wkbrdr91 » Fri Jan 07, 2011 9:58 pm

As I was installing the HID's for my fog lights, I noticed what I believe to be the motor mount (though I did not analyze it and I am really not sure) that is possibly broken. The pics below are of the passenger side, pics taken as if your facing the side of the car. I took a picture that just shows the rim just for reference of where it is (took a step back).

I really hope its not broken... I already need an oil change, new tires ($1000), and a new laptop as mine died a couple days ago. Time to pull student loans! :(

2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Need New Motor Mount?? 06' Solara

Postby DriDed » Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:54 pm

Don't worry, your motor mounts are fine and they will remain so for the car's lifetime.

I checked out Costco for the tires and they have a deal on the Michelins ($70 off of ANY set of 4 Michelin tires).

Check out the Michelin Pilot MXM4 tires that they are selling, it is W rated, which is higher than V rated and its only 168.99 per tire:

http://tires2.costco.com/SearchBySizeSe ... 084f9a72e9
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby folch52 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:45 am

I went to the dealer about 4 months ago or so and they told me I needed new ones. But luckily the warranty I had covered it. But yea I think yours should be fine.
folch52
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sun Jan 09, 2011 9:17 pm

Am I right about that being the motor mount? It was my friend who analyzed what it was, not me. But whatever it is... is it messed up or is that how it's supposed to look for some weird reason?
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby DriDed » Mon Jan 10, 2011 7:30 am

Have the motor mounts checked out by a second mechanic to get a second opinion before you do anything.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby solaraqueen » Tue Jan 11, 2011 12:47 am

if u want good tires at a great price either the falken 452's or falken Azenis RT-615K , i have both & if u want a great street performance tire the 452 is for u, if u want more of a handling tire as for street auto cross track & even drag the rt-615k is great & there about $130 a tire & the 452's are about the same price....
solaraqueen
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby scottied » Tue Feb 01, 2011 3:37 am

I hope you dont my motor mount looks exactly the same.i thiought at first something hit it.ill take a picture when i get off work.if i remembe
r.Image
scottied
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Solara OEM