[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - car vibrates, smells like gas fumes and burns gas quick
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

car vibrates, smells like gas fumes and burns gas quick

car vibrates, smells like gas fumes and burns gas quick

Postby thatdamngoodcire777 » Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:26 pm

like the title says for my 00 toyota solara. my car is reading p0170 and p1150. i replaced the maf sensor, the a/f sensor, cleaned the throttle and iac, changed the pcv valve earlier, ran fuel injector cleaners, seafoamed the engine, changed the battery and changed the air filter. what am i missing? the problem is still the same. im hoping its not the o2's and i do need to change the fuel filter.
thatdamngoodcire777
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: car vibrates, smells like gas fumes and burns gas quick

Postby dug320 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 12:31 am

First of clear the codes and then read them.

Since you replaced the maf and a/f you have ruled out that possibility. The next is the O2.

Clear the codes first. Replace the filter if you wish.
dug320
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TheGreenDutch » Thu Sep 23, 2010 11:44 am

what about the spark plugs and wires? Also it could be the Throttle position sensor gone bad. I'd check the spark plugs if you haven't already. Didn't say so in your description.
TheGreenDutch
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SPICA1750 » Thu Sep 23, 2010 2:32 pm

I had the vibrating problem in my bmw like it would shake really bad and it turned out to be the valve cover gasket..i remember it burning gas up often..my 2 cents
2000 Toyota Solara SE<aftermarket exhaust>
1995 BMW 525i..(sold)
SPICA1750
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5