[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Satellite radio on Stock Radio?
Talk about audio, video and navi stuffs.

Satellite radio on Stock Radio?

Satellite radio on Stock Radio?

Postby CosmicGrooves » Wed Sep 01, 2010 5:49 pm

Anyone have XM or Sirus on their factory JBL radio? I want to get this but not sure how to go about it.
CosmicGrooves
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Satellite radio on Stock Radio?

Postby SoSleek » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:52 pm

I looked into it for my SE Sport with JBL system. Mine had a button for it, but when I called to activate it they told me I do not have the receiver, and would need to purchase the unit that mounts behind the radio. I ended up deciding that it's not worth the cost. Once I install an aftermarket audio/video/navigation head unit I will get Satellite Radio.

If you have the Satellite Radio receiver installed already, you basically just need to call XM or Sirius and tell them your VIN and they can activate it for you. I believe you have to be in the car and follow a few steps. I think we determined that my radio didn't have the receiver because it did nothing when I hit the "SAT" button. If you have the receiver I believe it's supposed to show some ID # or code they use to activate it. That's all the help I can give from memory :) Hope it helps.
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby linmk2 » Sat Sep 04, 2010 1:48 pm

If your radio has a button that says "AM-SAT", then all you need is the Toyota XM tuner assembly . The install is very simple. I bought mine off of eBay, it was still the original Toyota box. I think I paid $90 for it. The tuner unit mounts behind the panels in the trunk. The antenna mounts on the deck lid and the cable then plugs into the XM tuner. I really do not like the wire showing on the antenna unit, but I noticed even those Solaras that came equipped the XM option, the wire show as well. The tuner simply plugs into a port on the back of your radio. Thats it! Nothing to cut or spice. Everything is "plug and play". You do have to run the wires under the step plates, but that is easy enough. Once installed, you must contact XM to set up an account and activate your tuner. I think I had everything working in my convertible in about 2 hours.
Last edited by linmk2 on Wed Sep 08, 2010 7:54 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Howard
Arctic Frost Pearl/Ivory, Navi 2006 SLE Convertible
linmk2
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SoSleek » Sun Sep 05, 2010 1:17 pm

You have a 2.5 though...I wonder if it's the same?
2004 Black Solara SE Sport - Minneapolis, MN
SoSleek
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Tue Sep 07, 2010 6:53 pm

SoSleek wrote:You have a 2.5 though...I wonder if it's the same?

Should be the same. They have identical ports on the back.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Pocketman » Sat Apr 30, 2011 9:26 am

So far I've been unsuccessful in finding a Toyota satellite kit. Any suggestions on an aftermarket equivalent? Crutchfield is steering me toward a head replacement. DICE has SilverLine - is that the same thing?
2006 Absolutely Red SLE Coupe
Pocketman
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jeffrey Olson » Fri Nov 16, 2012 12:01 pm

I just purchased a 2006 SLE six cylinder sight unseen and was disappointed to find it didn't have the XM radio tuner installed. I found a tuner on ebay

http://www.ebay.com/itm/Toyota-XM-satel ... es&vxp=mtr

While I don't want to move the sporster xm radio I've got in my 1999 - I want to get rid of all the wires - I will if that's what it costs to install the tuner.

Does anyone know where a cheaper system that fits the stock radio can be found?

Thanks!

Jeff.
Jeffrey Olson
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to A/V/N Gen 2 and 2.5