[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Where is RS3000 ECU in 2000 Solara SE? designtech removal
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Where is RS3000 ECU in 2000 Solara SE? designtech removal

Where is RS3000 ECU in 2000 Solara SE? designtech removal

Postby feniks » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:37 pm

Hello,

Short story:
My car currently uses Designtech Remote Starter Command Module and immobilizer is inactive.
Please help me to locate RS3000 ECU in 2000 Solara SE (I4). Planning on using original keyless remote (don't have one yet, need to buy it), but cannot even find the alarm ECU in order to add original remote ...

Long story:
Bought the car from private owner that installed aftermarket Designtech Remote Starter Command Module and somehow disabled the immobilizer in the process.
He gave me only aftermarket remote (designtech FCCID ELGTRAN2) that seems to operate the Designtech remote command module and allows to lock/unlock doors, remotely start engine or enable panic mode. however immobilizer never engages and original Toyota Status Monitor stays OFFLINE all the time.
also that aftermarket module uses HORN to confirm door locking and unlocking which is horribly loud (especially at night), another reason why I want to remove it and restore original RS3000 with soft buzzer/chirper.

I looked under dash and found Glass breakage Sensor (wrapped in foam) and designtech command module. unfortunately nothing looked like the RS3000 ECU (or i missed it). i want to completely get rid of designtech, but where the cables from it should go then?
what's most important, where is the original alarm ECU? and how do I enable it back to full operation after removing the aftermarket addon?

I am lost completely, I got the RS3000 owners manual about programming and stuff but the Fujitsu Tec faxback number is dead and cannot find 2000 Solara installation guide for RS3000 anywhere ...

can anyone help please?

TIA.
feniks
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby lilm » Thu Aug 27, 2009 6:55 pm

underneath the arm rest
[quote="PhreakdOut"]Nice Jeff. I can't even get fat chicks to pose with my cars. [/quote]
lilm
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Ruski » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:15 pm

^^ yeap under the arm rest , gray little box .
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby feniks » Thu Aug 27, 2009 7:15 pm

oh... how do i get there? do i have to remove the whole arm rest box and stuff (any tips on doing that appreciated)?

thanks for info!

EDIT:
thanks guys! 2 replies stating same must be true :)

will it be enough to remove the inner part of arm rest (2 screws on top, 2 more on bottom inside) ?
feniks
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby lilm » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:07 pm

i wanna say its two screws under the shifter and two bolts under the felt inside the arm rest and it kinds just slides off. Its very easy to do
[quote="PhreakdOut"]Nice Jeff. I can't even get fat chicks to pose with my cars. [/quote]
lilm
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby feniks » Thu Aug 27, 2009 8:16 pm

ok, thanks lilm!
'02 Solara SLE 1MZ-FE/A541E Coupe .: Denso : Akebono SP : HIR :. @ 125k
'00 Solara SE 5S-FE/A140E Coupe .: NGK : Hawk HPS : Philips Xtreme : RC : Magnefine :. @ 79k
feniks
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby feniks » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:14 pm

can any of you give me some hints about removing the aftermarket Remote Starter Command module?

I read that it uses some kind of an immobilizer bypass to work. I assume that I would need to reverse that bypass and then what ... simply unplug all cables from Remote Starter and that's it?

sorry, but i never done this before (i'm not an electrician), any help greatly appreciated. thanks.
'00 Solara SE 5S-FE/A140E Coupe .: NGK : Hawk HPS : Philips Xtreme : RC : Magnefine :. @ 79k
feniks
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Ruski » Fri Aug 28, 2009 12:31 pm

to bypass the original alarm most aftermarket company's have a module where the key is cut of from the immobilizer on the key(black bulky part on your key) this allows the aftermarket to work with out triggering the original alarm , now to restore the old alarm im guessing you may have to pull the after market system completely out. now to reach the original system under the arm rest you have to pull the shifter trim out then there should be two screws closes to the cup holders take them out , lift up the arm rest there should be a little carpet mat lift that up there are two 10mm bolts remove that and lift up and you will see the unit, what you say was the orginal rs3000 GBS wrapped in foam under your steering while Correct ? ( correct me if im wrong i no longer own a gen1 so im a little rusty )
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby feniks » Fri Aug 28, 2009 4:10 pm

thanks Ruski.

correct, the foam wrapped thing was absolutely an original GBS, it had adjustment screw on one side (1-11 setting) and cable connector on the opposite side.

i did a lot of google/forums digging since last night. i learned there are at least 3 ways of bypassing the immobilizer. need to see what i got.
it seems that the black box with red label and yellow letter "Remote Starter Command Module) i found under dash last night is the aftermarket remote starter module and this i would have to unplug it completely (and reverse the immobilizer bypass) to see if ECU comes back to live when i insert transponder key into ignition (still waiting on gray oval rs3000 remote from ebay that i plan to program with ECU).

i'm off to car now to see if i can remove the armrest thing and see the ECU. i will also try removing the knee panel and take a pic of ignition with bypass (it should be around there). will try to take some pics.
feniks
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby feniks » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:35 pm

RS3000 VIP ECU is confirmed and sitting under armrest! :D

TOYOTA VIP SECURITY SYSTEM
Electronic Control Unit
Model: RS3000 (08190-06810)
FCC ID: BAB237000-129
CANADA 2024 101 527A
PRODUCT NO. 237002-2130 FUJITSU TEN LIMITED

I also unbolted it and made sure it has the magical green button on right side (it did), so now I should be able to program new remote (on its way to me) for this ECU. last thing I am unsure is IF i got the master key with transponder, it's not Toyota key, but has plastic thingy on top, so i believe it has the transponder in it (hoping it is the master).

:drinking:

I also made sure that all cables are plugged in to ECU and to Toyota Security status plate.

Siince I'm working on car outside and didn't have good flashlight handy needed to finish for today.

Tomorrow will remove the knee panel below steering column and try finding immobilizer bypass in daylight.
Last edited by feniks on Fri Aug 28, 2009 8:32 pm, edited 1 time in total.
feniks
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Ruski » Fri Aug 28, 2009 5:43 pm

this is what the key should look like if you have a transponder inside the key Image
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby feniks » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:08 pm

Prev owner gave me only this:

this is the transponder key i got (not original Toyota), i just hope that it was programmed into ECU and the unit still remembers it .. I guess after unplugging aftermarket RSCM and reversing immobilizer bypass I will know once i place it into the ignition ...
feniks
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Ruski » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:14 pm

the only way to know is to try it , but the owner should have went to Toyota to get the key programmed. i cant really tell if that key has a transponder but the top of the key should be a little squeezable and you can kind of feel it.
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby feniks » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:27 pm

hmmm, it is a little squeezable and seems like there is something thick inside. not sure if i am only imagining (did i tell you about my sick imagination yet?) ;)

I guess the only way is to try it out. i keep my fingers crossed for ECU to wake up after removing immobilizer bypass and aftermarket starter kit.

... if things go wrong, e.g. i got no transponder in this key ... will dealer be able to recreate the master key for my ECU or they will want to make me buy a complete replacement kit (ECU + keys + remote + new locks + ignition) and charge me like million $$$ for that?
feniks
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Ruski » Fri Aug 28, 2009 6:31 pm

no no not at all they will be able to recreate a key with not problem with the use of your vin number
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Next

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5