[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Gun Grey Metallic Solara UPDATED 10/2
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

Gun Grey Metallic Solara UPDATED 10/2

Postby DrLove » Fri Mar 20, 2009 5:33 am

If you buy new headlights+corners and polish your tails, it will be a new car. :D
SOLD 1999 Toyota Solara V6 SE white
Mazda 6 2010 6 speed black GS
DrLove
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby CamryOnBronze » Fri Mar 20, 2009 9:42 am

looks really clean man, love the color choice!
94 Camry: Beater
99 Solara: S/C & Totaled (RIP)
93 240SX: SR20DET
CamryOnBronze
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby facevedo17 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:32 am

I want to paint mines like that the color is sicckkkk...... is ur grey close to the is 300 metallic grey I like that grey ....
[
facevedo17
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby solaraboy » Fri Mar 20, 2009 11:20 am

Very nice dude! How wide are your rims?
solaraboy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby funboy102 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 1:15 pm

DrLove wrote:Looks like a brand new Gen1 Solara from the dealership. :D I like your HDR pics.

Thanks!
mazen222 wrote:very nice man. You make me wanna go repaint my car.

The only thing that doesnt look crisp on your car are the headlights.... but thats just details

DrLove wrote:If you buy new headlights+corners and polish your tails, it will be a new car.

I definitely agree with you guys. I'm probably gonna get the headlights polished within a month or so. It gives it the new look for about 6 months or so. Maybe if good deals on headlights come around, I might get those. Yeah, stock corners are blah, I should go for the black headlights/black corner combo.
CamryOnBronze wrote:looks really clean man, love the color choice!

Thanks Damon!
facevedo17 wrote: want to paint mines like that the color is sicckkkk...... is ur grey close to the is 300 metallic grey I like that grey ....

It's actually a Nissan color. But yeah, it's pretty metallic-ay. That was the first thing I noticed compared to my old car, wow, it sparkles a lot!
solaraboy wrote:Very nice dude! How wide are your rims?

Not very wide at all :-? They're just 18x7.5, running 225/40/18 tires.
1999 Solara SE V6 5-Speed PICS! http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=43759
funboy102
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby funboy102 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:24 pm

Just a tiny update, I took some pictures near the San Diego International Airport today...

funboy102
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Mr_Krispy1183 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:41 pm

Must say I'm jealous, since this is the color scheme I desired on a Solara back when I bought mine 8 years ago from the dealership.
'01 zenki MCV20 Silverstream Opalescent
Mr_Krispy1183
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby solara90 » Fri Mar 20, 2009 7:58 pm

ugh, puts my lara to shame.. i got cracking clear, and a spot on my drivers side of the roof that is starting to wear down to the metal :-(
02 solara 2az

solara90
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Solorange » Fri Mar 20, 2009 10:11 pm

Chimming in late... I have to agree with everyone else that does look good. Im shocked Maaco did that good of a job! When they painted it did they tape off and remove most of the seals? Every Maaco job ive see they just spray over all the sees and usually don't clean the dirt off the car well.
1999 Toyota Solara SEV6 5speed
2009 Toyota Highlander Sport
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Solorange
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby SleeperSolara » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:18 pm

Lookin' good man. 8)
Just polish those headlights and you'll be set.

Did you paint your OEM emblems??
I wanted mine black for my trunk..... :(
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby SolaraMan7890 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:39 pm

I think you should black out your grille. I think it would look better with than amazing paint job.
2000 SE.
SolaraMan7890
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ---CAMRAZY--- » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:47 pm

I love the color. Reminds me of my camry coupe...
If there are any haters in here right now that don't have anybody to hate on, feel free to hate on me.-Katt Williams
---CAMRAZY---
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby funboy102 » Mon Mar 23, 2009 2:58 pm

SolaraMan7890 wrote:I think you should black out your grille. I think it would look better with than amazing paint job.

My grille was originally blacked out when my car was black. I think the shop must've thought that Solara's come with body color-matched grill so they painted the grill too (but left the emblem chrome of course). I kinda like this new grill though. Maybe if it starts chipping due to rocks and what not, i'll paint it black, but for now, it's staying grey.
SleeperSolara wrote:Lookin' good man.
Just polish those headlights and you'll be set.

Did you paint your OEM emblems??
I wanted mine black for my trunk.....

Yep, on my list of "things-to-do" is polishing the headlights. And yes, while they were painting the car, they took the emblems off. I took them and painted it black and then gave it back to them to put it on. I thought it was nice they let me do that.
Solorange wrote:Chimming in late... I have to agree with everyone else that does look good. Im shocked Maaco did that good of a job! When they painted it did they tape off and remove most of the seals? Every Maaco job ive see they just spray over all the sees and usually don't clean the dirt off the car well.

Hmm, they did a great job masking and removing anything that had to be removed to be reattached. As far as i've seen, I haven't seen any overspray on my car. And they did clean off the dirt well. Everything is done indoor, and everything is done in a separate room so there's no dust and contamination flying from one room to another (well, for the Maaco I went to at least).
solara90 wrote:ugh, puts my lara to shame.. i got cracking clear, and a spot on my drivers side of the roof that is starting to wear down to the metal

My hood was really horrible and in other parts of the car, the clear coat was not clear anymore. I did this paint job because I intend to keep the car for at least 3 more years. Didn't want to paint to get worse and worse.
Mr_Krispy1183 wrote:Must say I'm jealous, since this is the color scheme I desired on a Solara back when I bought mine 8 years ago from the dealership.

I bought mine at a lil under 90k miles :D

A question for the SG community. Is the 1280 width picture too big for most people or is it okay? I tried viewing this thread on another computer and it took up the whole screen. My resolution at home is 1680*1050, so I display it fine.
funboy102
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ClassySolaraGuy » Mon Mar 23, 2009 3:43 pm

Sick color choice man! Its always great to be unique! 8)

funboy102 wrote:A question for the SG community. Is the 1280 width picture too big for most people or is it okay? I tried viewing this thread on another computer and it took up the whole screen. My resolution at home is 1680*1050, so I display it fine.

The pics were a little big on my screen since I'm using 1024x798.
Project: Icis (My gurls 05' Sport 3MZ)

"Passion in a project reveals the perfection at work"
ClassySolaraGuy
1 Rockin' Solara
1 Rockin' Solara

Postby Solorange » Tue Mar 24, 2009 7:53 pm

funboy102 wrote:
Solorange wrote:Chimming in late... I have to agree with everyone else that does look good. Im shocked Maaco did that good of a job! When they painted it did they tape off and remove most of the seals? Every Maaco job ive see they just spray over all the sees and usually don't clean the dirt off the car well.

Hmm, they did a great job masking and removing anything that had to be removed to be reattached. As far as i've seen, I haven't seen any overspray on my car. And they did clean off the dirt well. Everything is done indoor, and everything is done in a separate room so there's no dust and contamination flying from one room to another (well, for the Maaco I went to at least).

Really!!! Thats good to hear. I guess I would have to rethink my opinion on maaco. I really like that color!
1999 Toyota Solara SEV6 5speed
2009 Toyota Highlander Sport
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Solorange
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures and Videos