[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Red (Brown) Top 330cc 2JZ-GE Supra Injectors - Quick Info
For those looking for more speed through force. Forced Induction; Supercharger,Turbocharger or Nitrous discussion and maintenance.

Red (Brown) Top 330cc 2JZ-GE Supra Injectors - Quick Info

Red (Brown) Top 330cc 2JZ-GE Supra Injectors - Quick Info

Postby Eye8Pussies » Tue May 06, 2008 10:51 pm

I did this a couple weeks ago after I got my rebuilt supercharger back and also installed my injectors. This is a thread as a response to this old injector thread ( http://solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=39272 ) where people started to spazz out and go nuts about how the injectors don't fit the 1mzfe properly. Also, no specific information was given about how to make them fit properly.

So, this is just here as a reassurance for those who want or have the red top injectors and want to install them on their car without the stress of not knowing exactly what is involved and how they will fit until they try them.

Long story short- they work. And they work quite well. They fit. And they fit quite well. What you will need to make them work is the lower grommet from the stock injectors. And, of course, if you have used injectors, replace the top o-ring and grommet. The bottom grommet can be re-used from the stock injectors, as it doesn't seal fuel in anyway and is really just there for keeping dirt/crap out.

In the picture below: from left to right- 2jz injector, 2jz injector with 1mz grommet, 1mz injector with grommet, 1mz injector without grommet.

I know that the injectors on the solaras are slightly different from mine, but you should have the grommet too.

In the picture below: how the 2jz injector fits without the grommet. Basically, it doesn't seat like the 1mz ones since they're shorter.

In the picture below: how the 2jz injector sits with the grommet. Just like the stock ones. The only difference is that it wobbles since it's shorter and doesn't pop in like the 1mz ones.

To keep the injectors from moving and to stay seated properly, all you'll need to do is bolt down the frame rails to factory spec and you're done....and ready to run pig rich on a stock 0% tune. I'm not sure how well the later 1mz ecus can tune it in closed loop, but mine did just fine.

In open loop though...I was hitting afrs probably around 8 or so at 7psi. My AEM wideband onl goes to a flat 10, but I could smell fuel beyond belief and the car was probably slower than stock. :drinking: So make sure you've set up a tune before installing these. Or find somebody who can help you street tune.
Last edited by Eye8Pussies on Tue May 06, 2008 10:57 pm, edited 1 time in total.
HaHa

Ripped...and the girls are loving it. ;)
Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Dawgz » Tue May 06, 2008 10:55 pm

This should def come in hand when i do mine!
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Eye8Pussies » Tue May 06, 2008 10:58 pm

lol

yeah, I had you in mind when I did this as well. But again, it's really easy, so Adam should be fine doing it for you!
HaHa

Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Dawgz » Tue May 06, 2008 11:04 pm

Chea!
--=Black on Black=-- (Sold)
Dawgz

Postby hskrsolara » Wed May 07, 2008 12:31 am

looks great! did you get your injectors flow tested and cleaned? Just curious what the results were if you did.
99 DWP SEV6 5spd 6.5psi+Meth, Tein+Tokico, EricSol+Brembos+EBC, OBX Headers+OBX 3" Exhaust, Supra MAF & 330cc, Spec 2+, Fidanza, TRD lip kit, Injen+Ext, Optima Red, Infinity 60.5+693.7i, 2 Kappa Perfect 12 VQ's+iPod+JVC DVD...etc
hskrsolara
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby CamryOnBronze » Wed May 07, 2008 8:26 am

good writeup king, thanks for setting everything straight!
94 Camry: Beater
99 Solara: S/C & Totaled (RIP)
93 240SX: SR20DET
CamryOnBronze
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby Eye8Pussies » Wed May 07, 2008 10:16 am

hskrsolara wrote:looks great! did you get your injectors flow tested and cleaned? Just curious what the results were if you did.

no...no such luck. I did them the same time I did my rebuild....so long story short, I had no $$$ to flow test and clean them.

But I got them from gabe about a year ago and he took them directly out of one of his cars. Everything looked clean, so I just installed them with new o-rings and top grommets and kept my fingers crossed.

they're working great for me!

not more initial throttle leanness, and the driveability is great!
HaHa

Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Return to Forced Induction