[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - P1150 Error Code
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

P1150 Error Code

P1150 Error Code

Postby mikee7 » Thu Aug 24, 2006 9:09 pm

I had a check engine light so I bought a OBDII scanner and got a code of P1150 which says, A/F Sensor Circuit Range/Perf (Bank 2 Sensor 1). Anyone have idea what this means? I searched the site and doesn't seem like this code has been addressed before. I erased the code but I still want to know what this means. I have an Injen short ram and had a check engine light shortly after installing 1 1/2 yrs ago so I disconnected the battery to reset it. Now I have a fancy tool that gives the code but don't fully understand the comments.
00 SE V6, Injen Short Ram, TRD muffler, TRD struts, TRD RSW, Eibachs, Yokohama ES100 235-45-17's, Recaro's, Pioneer CD
mikee7
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby woa_its_j3ff » Thu Aug 24, 2006 10:07 pm

hrm i dont think my comment will be useful but doesnt it have a manual or some sort of reference book where you can look up the codes and what it represents?
where many hate, few will love,
But for those who love,
they'll see what it's like to live.

SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby mikee7 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 5:44 am

Yes it does come with a manual and that is where I got the description of the error code. What I am asking is, is this related to the Injen intake or is it something else?
00 SE V6, Injen Short Ram, TRD muffler, TRD struts, TRD RSW, Eibachs, Yokohama ES100 235-45-17's, Recaro's, Pioneer CD
mikee7
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby pvanbuskirk » Fri Aug 25, 2006 6:03 am

I just recently had an air fuel mixture sensor replaced on my 1999 SLE V6. It was throwing P1155 I think, possibly P1150. It is likely that you will need someone to run diagnostics on your oxygen sensors and potentially replace one of them. It could cost you $300 for the part and a bit of labor.

Peter
pvanbuskirk
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Strider327 » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:08 am

NO need to worry about that code. I used to get it all the time from cleaning the throttle body or just doing seafoam. Its just not use to the airflow. My advice is just clean out the TB and reset the ecu. As simple as that, just disconnect the negative terminal on the battery and wait for about 20 minutes and put it back on. If your car is running fine and not acting up the sensor is not damage. So don't be alarmed. Its just that Toyota Sensors are VERY sensitive.

Good Luck
Strider327
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Sol-Toy » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:27 am

yup...reset the ECU. I remember some civic and teg guy's in a similar situation back in the day. They reset the ECU and it was fine.
2013 WRX Wagon Premium in crystal black silica - current

2012 RAV4 S - Wife's

2000 Solara 1mz - sold after recording 160k mi

https://www.instagram.com/andygriesemer/
Sol-Toy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby pvanbuskirk » Fri Aug 25, 2006 8:36 am

Just so people don't think I'm some kind of jerk for telling you to replace it, I reset my ECU and the codes came back. I think I had to replace A/F Bank 1 Sensor 1.
pvanbuskirk
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Ian » Fri Aug 25, 2006 11:27 am

don't know your set up, but if you have a supercharger, you should have Jim's fuel kit and the URD fuel pump. I had that problem when I put on the Injen cold air intake. It was gone after i got the URD fuel pump. I already had Jim's fuel kit.
Ian
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: P1150 Error Code

Postby timefourfood » Sun Apr 24, 2011 4:35 pm

I have this CEL. I found out it was this code, P1150 with my Scanguage. At first I thought it was just a glitch I cleared it and it lit up again after driving few miles. I cleared it again and it reappeared. So is there any consequences to keep on driving with this CEL? Approximately how much will it cost to get this fixed?

Last time my mechanic told me I might need to replace my valve cover gasket since there is some small leakage. So with this issue I have 2 things to fix, valve cover gasket and this CEL.
2000 SLE coupe
timefourfood
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5