[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Interior wood trim install
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Interior wood trim install

Interior wood trim install

Postby EmeraldSLE » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:36 pm

I'm planning on buying a new wood trim kit for the interior, cause some pieces are really faded. And from what I see, the manufacturers recommend installing over the top of the existing trim. This sounds kinda crazy, as there is no way you could get the precise fit of OEM. Plus, my center dash trim has pulled away from the dash a little bit. Suggestions? Or do I need to enlist a body shop to remove the old stuff and reinstall the new trim? Thanks! 8)
99 SLE V6, Auto, Fairway Green Pearl
EmeraldSLE
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby user99 » Thu Apr 20, 2006 3:57 pm

the wood grain pops out on my car if I wanted to swap out with something else.. and I have the same year/model..
99 Solara SLE V6, Automatic
user99
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby krook » Thu Apr 20, 2006 4:04 pm

emerald,

are you talking about an aftermarket wood trim kit to replace your OEM kit, or to replace a faded aftermarket kit????

the aftermarket kit just goes over your existing panels, you don't have to remove them to apply them. you also don't need to enlist anyone to help you do it.

though you may want to recruit your left and right hands to initiate the kit-laying process and sequence. you may want to give your digits a quick briefing
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby EmeraldSLE » Tue May 02, 2006 3:47 pm

Thanks for the replies. Yes, I will be replacing a faded out after-market kit that someone put in, which doesn't even match the OEM "English burlwood" on the dash and doors. After looking at the kit websites, it looks pretty simple to do. 8)
99 SLE V6, Auto, Fairway Green Pearl
EmeraldSLE
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jon11582 » Tue May 02, 2006 4:25 pm

You need to remove the existing aftermarket trim before replacing it. From the factory, the solara comes with no trim except the door pieces. You could probably do it with a hairdryer to heat up the adhesive so it loosens.
2000 Black Solara SE
Jon11582
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5