[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2AZ-FE performance?
Stock talk about the Generation 2 and 2.5 Toyota Solara which was released in 2004-2007

2AZ-FE performance?

2AZ-FE performance?

Postby bestfromnw » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:11 am

i spent 2hrs searching for parts for a 4banger - and there is like nothing!!!!

maybe i just couldn't find a site or something, but i did not find nothing except lowering springs, intake and clutch!!!!

Is forced induction even available for 4cyl genII's???

Is it even possible to make the car run lo 15s - high 14s?

I'm kind of dissapointed :evil:
<b>2004 Solara SE Sport 5speed</b>
bestfromnw
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby WTF?? » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:18 am

the 2AZ engines have potential... the scion tCs have their super chargers n turbo kits...
very pricey though
Retired... its been fun Image
WTF??
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby bestfromnw » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:21 am

so, are they direct bolt on to solara???
bestfromnw
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby sahuddleston » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:35 am

richard (I20solara02I) and i both have custom turbo kits.... mine is aleady boosted and richards will be shortly. you can get things like the camcon, but if you want any strong improvement it will take some time and money.
2012 Ford Shelby GT500
2013 Hyundai Genesis 4.6

2002 Toyota Solara SE - First Turbo 2AZ-FE
sahuddleston
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby bestfromnw » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:43 am

how much did your kt costed you? how does it runs? do we have exacly same engines?
links where to buy parts?
bestfromnw
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby krawzyazn » Sat Apr 01, 2006 12:53 am

you can get headers and they make a big differance
2002 2AZ-FE SILVER Toyota Solara
<B>FIRST 2AZ Gen 1.5 Solara with Headers!!!</b>

<B>http://WWW.Obamastinks.net</B>
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby kingkakyle » Sat Apr 01, 2006 1:52 am

the toyota 4 cyl engine is supposed to be more reliable than their v6
or so i hear
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Somedude » Sat Apr 01, 2006 9:03 am

Too bad they don't make CP-E intakes for the 2AZ solara, that engine is more popular than the 3MZ will ever be and the 3MZ looks like it has more engine mods available.
Somedude
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby geminiz » Mon Apr 03, 2006 7:39 am

kingkakyle wrote:the toyota 4 cyl engine is supposed to be more reliable than their v6
or so i hear

I keep seeing you post about how the 4 cylinder engine is more reliable than the V6. How is that so, please elaborate. I'm curious.
2006 Solara SE (2.4L w/5 speed automatic)
Lunar Mist
geminiz
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Down2TheC » Mon Apr 03, 2006 9:58 am

tacti strapped the Injen intake onto his I4. I forget what car it was for (maybe the Gen1 or the Camry) but look for the post in Gen 2 aftermarket mods.
http://solara.down2thec.com/gallery/
"We need failures in this world... failures gives us lap dances and chicken nuggets and I like both."
Down2TheC
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby kingkakyle » Mon Apr 03, 2006 11:53 am

geminiz wrote:
kingkakyle wrote:the toyota 4 cyl engine is supposed to be more reliable than their v6
or so i hear

I keep seeing you post about how the 4 cylinder engine is more reliable than the V6. How is that so, please elaborate. I'm curious.

truthfully im not too sure either but this is what i was told from a relative who got the car from me....he works at a car dealership
so i guess what im saying is from what others say
and also when i drive the family's highlander (has a v6) i notice a difference in the gear shifts and how much smoother it is on the 4cyl.
ya that might be a bad comparison though even though its the same engine its a different car
so ya...but it doesn't mean it performs better, just has less problems? i dunno this is another kinda bad comparison too....but my old camry had a v6 and it has problems with leaking oil....
neways i wouldn't mind having a v6 in my solara though xP
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby CASTRO » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:00 pm

^
I dont see how the i4 could be more reliable than a v6. If you are talking about repairs, the i4 would be easier to repair as it has less parts and is smaller. The v6 usually never gets cracked open due to the massive amounts of work that needs to be done and labor involved. Overall, i'd say that both engines are about equal in reliability given the owner keeps good maint.
97 Camry XLE S/C V6 -- 07 "New Formula Red" S2000 -- 07 "Milano Red" Fit Sport
ImageImage
CASTRO
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby dominoSLEV6 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:08 pm

The Gen 2 Solara has two engines, the 2AZ (which was built more just to have a nice engine in a car and still get goo gas mileage) and the 2MZ(I think is its name, built for a little get up and go if you want it)

Neither engine has much aftermarket, and ironicly, the 2AZ probably has more for the Scion lineup, but not all those will work on your car. There's been a 2AZ 500hp Scion built by Kenny Tran, but it's not very common to hit those types of numbers on that or any car without lots of money invested.

Pretty much what I'm trying to say is, if you're in a gen 2 solara, and want to go fast, you either need a custom fabbed turbo kit on the 4 banger, or you shoulda gotten the V6. That's because with the Solara at least, it's geared towards older buyers, and older buyers who have no interest in going fast and only like the looks buy the 2.4L.

-chris
It will run one day, RPMs EVERYWHERE!
dominoSLEV6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Somedude » Mon Apr 03, 2006 12:44 pm

^^^^I drive a 2.4L Gen 2 but I am a spirited driver and I do like its looks a lot. I think the 3MZ is a great engine but I usually follow the speed limit (too much cops), so 225 hp is not really necessary for me.

I agree with what you are saying about the aftermarket support for the Gen 2.
Somedude
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby theprodigy79 » Mon Apr 03, 2006 1:23 pm

Thus far there are two Weapon-R intakes and one Injen intake that work on the 2.4L... Check the link below for further information...

http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=23611
'04 Solara SE Sport V6, all TRD + CP-e, gone but not forgotten... '09 G37S Sedan and '88 Supra Turbo project
theprodigy79
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Next

Return to Stock Gen 2 and 2.5