[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Dealership rants galore geez...
Ever have a bad experience? Well here's the place to discuss things.

Dealership rants galore geez...

Dealership rants galore geez...

Postby SolaraGuy22 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:51 pm

Man there's a lot of bad dealership service rants going around lately. I have another one to add to the list.

Today I go to the dealership where I always take my car. I tell them I need an oil change, tire rotation, fluids filled, you know the usual maintenance package. She wrote on the ticket $53 and I said fine, that's about right. Well I knew I needed two tires since they replaced the front two on 5-28-05 and my back tires were looking kinda bare. I told her I have the tires for life program and she said since I didn't buy it there that I don't have the program. Anyways I said whatever and let them work on it. She comes back and says I need 3 tires and that one has a nail in it! I said okay well the tires for life program should take care of it. She told me to hold on while she spoke with her manager, she came back and said that no, they can't do that for me and that it'll cost $522.37 for 3 tires and a mount and balance. I told her to put on my spare on the one that has a nail in it and I'm leaving.

She finally comes to get me after over an hour when she originally said it shouldn't take more than 30 minutes since they were slow. Anyways she gives me the news of the tires and the cost and that it's recommended that I get an air system cleaning and brake flush too. HA!

Anyways I go to pay and she says "It'll be $32.38" I look at the paper work and all they did was an oil change, tire rotation, and small inspection. No fluids or anything. I'm pissed and I just leave!

When I get home I look at my records of all my services and I see that plain as day on my invoice from 5-28-05 I had two new Michelin tires installed for $292.93 and a tires for life adjustment of -$297.93 ($2 was for the tire disposal fee and $5 was for a bonus bucks discount). So I guess my life ended at the end of '05 according to them.

I'm gonna go back and talk to the general manager tomorrow. Wish me luck.

Any advice from Jeff would be great too.

Thanks for listening guys,
-Anthony
SolaraGuy22
SolaraGuy Pimp
SolaraGuy Pimp

Postby MCOjerry » Thu Jan 26, 2006 4:55 pm

Good luck...most dealerships are full of assholes...no offense to anyone here who works at one.
2006 SLE V6 Convertible Lunar Mist Metallic w/black top ➬
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby silversurfer220 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:06 pm

Good luck when you go back to the dealership. I know how frustrating it is to have a dealership that does not care about their customers. Hopefully mgmt at your dealership is more willing to work with you than they are at the dealership where my car goes.
2004 SLE V6 Lunar Mist
VSC/NAV/6000K HID/XM/TRAC/CURTAIN
silversurfer220
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby bluesolara » Thu Jan 26, 2006 5:38 pm

Praying for you.
2001 Indigo Ink Pearl SE
H4 6000K/Tein S-tech/Motegi FF7 Gunmetal17'/Kuhmo Ecsta Asx tires/Short Shifter (custom)/Clear Corners//TRD muffler
God bless.
bluesolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Thu Jan 26, 2006 6:45 pm

Tell that idiot to look up your national service history. After than, ask for a print out of it (they are legally obligated if you present your proof of registration and your name is the registered owner of the vehicle) and take the case up w/ the general manager. Skip all the climbing up you'll have to it. Make sure you keep your cool so you can present a logical case (although the printout indicating the replacement will be the whole case!).

If the Toyota tire replacement program is anything like the Lexus version (I'm assuming it's the Toyota Tire Center coverage, NOT a dealer presented package), it covers:
Puncture repairs (up to $20)
TIre replacement if the dealer deems it unrepairable (up to $399 retail, customer pays labor to install, tax and excess like fit kits or anything else that's normally associated w/ it)
Tires are covered 100% for the first 12 months. After that, it's only covered 50%. The warranty also expires if the tire is run to under 2/32 tread depth.

good luck.

Just bring your car to us =P We have a guy that sends his GS to us from NY... lol
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby MCOjerry » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:22 pm

Jackass-Jeff wrote:Tell that idiot to look up your national service history. After than, ask for a print out of it (they are legally obligated if you present your proof of registration and your name is the registered owner of the vehicle) and take the case up w/ the general manager. Skip all the climbing up you'll have to it. Make sure you keep your cool so you can present a logical case (although the printout indicating the replacement will be the whole case!).

If the Toyota tire replacement program is anything like the Lexus version (I'm assuming it's the Toyota Tire Center coverage, NOT a dealer presented package), it covers:
Puncture repairs (up to $20)
TIre replacement if the dealer deems it unrepairable (up to $399 retail, customer pays labor to install, tax and excess like fit kits or anything else that's normally associated w/ it)
Tires are covered 100% for the first 12 months. After that, it's only covered 50%. The warranty also expires if the tire is run to under 2/32 tread depth.

good luck.

Just bring your car to us =P We have a guy that sends his GS to us from NY... lol

OK, the inevitable question...Why would someone send a car that far for service? Of what benefit is it? Just curious...
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Thu Jan 26, 2006 9:33 pm

MCOjerry wrote:OK, the inevitable question...Why would someone send a car that far for service? Of what benefit is it? Just curious...

the inevitible reply: how the hell should i know?
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby solaraN8 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 10:25 pm

^^^LMAO

Cost of service-$500 on american express...

Cost of shipping car 3k miles- $1200 on american express....

Cost of shipping car back 3k miles-$1200 on american express

Knowing that your car is actually being fixed correctly, and they arent conning you outta money- PRICELESS
TOTALLED..Stupid Deer.. 2k v6 solara 5speed,tein/tokico, trd bodykit, twm short shifter, metalized tint, borla exhaust, k&n filter,euro corners, nexo wheels...
New Car, 2003 IS300 5mt
solaraN8
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SolaraGuy22 » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:03 pm

solaraN8 wrote:^^^LMAO

Knowing that your car is actually being fixed correctly, and they arent conning you outta money- PRICELESS

^^^ LOL, I love it!

I emailed the General Manager a letter so hopefully I'll hear from him tomorrow sometime. If not then I'll be there bright and early on Saturday.
SolaraGuy22
SolaraGuy Pimp
SolaraGuy Pimp

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Thu Jan 26, 2006 11:34 pm

SolaraGuy22 wrote:
solaraN8 wrote:^^^LMAO

^^^ LOL, I love it!

I emailed the General Manager a letter so hopefully I'll hear from him tomorrow sometime. If not then I'll be there bright and early on Saturday.

GMs usually don't work weekends =P Good luck tho

Solaraguy22: LOL
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby SolaraGuy22 » Fri Jan 27, 2006 3:01 pm

I got a call from the GM this morning around 9, he said that it was a mistake last time when they replaced my two tires and that I'm not on the program. He was curious on how the guy was able to credit the money for the tires. He said that there was nothing he could do but when I'm in the market for a new car to come and see him.

AHHHHHHHHHHH!

Thanks for the help.
SolaraGuy22
SolaraGuy Pimp
SolaraGuy Pimp

Postby MCOjerry » Fri Jan 27, 2006 4:59 pm

SolaraGuy22 wrote:I got a call from the GM this morning around 9, he said that it was a mistake last time when they replaced my two tires and that I'm not on the program. He was curious on how the guy was able to credit the money for the tires. He said that there was nothing he could do but when I'm in the market for a new car to come and see him.

AHHHHHHHHHHH!

Thanks for the help.

Do you have any paperwork showing that you purchased this coverage? Check everything. Sounds like they are trying to get out of this...
MCOjerry
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Sat Jan 28, 2006 1:18 am

I hope you have copies of your repair order invoice indicating which account the tires were written off to. After knowing that, you can track it and figure it out =P
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Return to Horrible Dealer/Service Rants