[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Disable Seatbelt Warning Buzzer and Flashing Light
Non-tutorials will be deleted.

Disable Seatbelt Warning Buzzer and Flashing Light

Disable Seatbelt Warning Buzzer and Flashing Light

Postby noodlerooney » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:15 pm

To Disable Seatbelt Warning Buzzer and Flashing Light

Drivers Side: Under driver’s seat, near front of seat, connected to bottom of seat, you will find a 2 conductor plug with 2 black wires that comes from the driver’s seatbelt buckle, disconnect it, done.

Passenger’s Side: Under passenger’s seat, near front of seat, connected to bottom of seat, you will find a 2 conductor plug with 2 black wires that comes from the passenger’s seatbelt buckle, jump the 2 male prong leads of the plug with a female spade connector, done.

No more seatbelt warning buzzer/flashing lights.
2000 SLE Flame Red Metallic, Charcoal Leather Interior, Loaded
15,001 miles, Garage Queen
noodlerooney
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Mole » Sun Feb 06, 2005 2:39 pm

there is a warning there for a reason you know...

In case it comes on if you have something besides a person sitting there, just lock in the seatbelt and the blinking light will stop.
the power of 8
Mole
molerator
molerator

Postby TS04 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 8:25 pm

In the Gen 2's the passenger light flashes only when a person is actually sitting in the seat without their seatbelts on. Plus, you should wear your seat belts anyways. It could save your life. Not telling u what to do. Just want you guys to be safe.
04 Solara SE Sport Coupe Black
35% Tint Sides, 20% Back
Clear Corners
Blue Illuminated Entry
Mike T' Black Combo Grills
TS04
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Parke10 » Sun Feb 06, 2005 10:51 pm

same way in 1 and 1.5
Parke10
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Arthur2k4 » Mon Feb 07, 2005 12:37 am

wut so hard about puttin on a seat belt....anyways..thanks for the tuturiol even though i wont be using this one
Arthur2k4
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby noodlerooney » Mon Feb 07, 2005 6:22 am

Of course everyone should wear their seatbelts, I just don't like being told to do so. I've always had a problem with people/things telling me what I should or should not do. If the Administrator of this forum wishes to delete this post, delete away! I really don't need a buzzer or light telling me what to do, I think I can handle it.
ps. I took the airbag warning decals off the sunvisor also, for the same reason and also because they are ugly. Me bad.
noodlerooney
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Fletch » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:04 am

I disabled this feature for the same reason. Sometimes if you have a case of beer or something heavy in the passenger seat, it thinks there is a person there.

How did you get the airbag warning labels off, btw? My buddy with a MarkIV GTI and I have wanted to do this for some times, but didn't want to damage the material
2006 Legacy GT spec.B

(Totaled) '99 SE V6, TRD S/C, 5.5 psi Pulley, Jim's Fuel Upgrade, TRD Shortshifter, SPEC Stage 3 Clutch, Lightweight Flywheel, Tokico / Eibach, TRD RSB, 2.5" Custom Y-Pipe, Greddy Cat-Back
Fletch
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby noodlerooney » Mon Feb 07, 2005 9:23 am

I removed the airbag warning labels with a googone/goofoff (or something to that effect) label remover kit. It comes with a little plastic scraper and a bottle of solution. Remove sunvisor, easier to work on that way. Try in small hidden spot first to be sure solution will not damage sunvisor, on mine it didn't hurt anything. Dab solution onto small portion of label and let soak in a little bit and gently peel label off so you don't damage the material. Take your time and do small sections at a time as the solution evaporates quickly. Took me 1 hour for driver's side and 5 minutes for passenger's side which came off in 1 sheet.
noodlerooney
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby TRD MCV20L » Wed Feb 09, 2005 10:31 pm

removing the warning light is good if you use a harness instead of the stock seat belts.
TRD MCV20L
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SolaraGuy22 » Wed Feb 09, 2005 11:26 pm

2 things:

1. Here is something I found for the removal of air bag stickers. http://www.spdkilz.com/techtipairbag.html

2. Removing the notification light is great and all but I think the passenger seat is there not only for the seat belt but if it detects someone is not there and you get in a collision then the air bag won't deploy. Thus saving you $ on a new one. Correct me if i'm wrong. It just seems logical.

If that is the case and it doesn't deploy and your passenger gets hurt then there is a lawsuit for ya. (happened to my girlfriend in her Lightning).

-Anthony
SolaraGuy22
SolaraGuy Pimp
SolaraGuy Pimp

Postby noodlerooney » Mon Feb 21, 2005 9:52 am

I didn't mess with the pressure sensor on the passenger's side so it is still operational, and this mod just makes the ECU think the seatbelt is connected, that's all. The passenger's side airbag will still deploy if have passenger.
noodlerooney
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby slingshot » Mon Feb 21, 2005 11:03 am

TS04 wrote:In the Gen 2's the passenger light flashes only when a person is actually sitting in the seat without their seatbelts on. Plus, you should wear your seat belts anyways. It could save your life. Not telling u what to do. Just want you guys to be safe.

The passenger light comes on also if you have something heavy on the seat. There is a pressure sensor there (Gen2 at least).
2004 SLE V6 with NAV/VSC/TRAC/Curtain air
http://www.cardomain.com/ride/963151/1
slingshot
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby *solara2000* » Thu Jul 20, 2006 1:54 pm

hey i have a question, if i disabled the seat belt lights, would it also disable the sensors for the airbag, so in cas theres an accident the airbags wont work because i unplugged the thing! thnks
2000 Solara supercharged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*solara2000*
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Adum-Bom » Mon Jul 24, 2006 6:36 pm

who wants to drive there solara into a wall, and find out for us? :)
99' SLE V6
My Garage
I can so some pretty SWEETTTTT jumps :)
Adum-Bom
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby *solara2000* » Mon Jul 24, 2006 8:42 pm

lol

but foreal does it do that?
2000 Solara supercharged!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
*solara2000*
Regular SolaraGuy Member