[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Lo-Jack battery replacement
Stock talk about the Generation 1 and 1.5 Toyota Solara which were produced from 1999 to 2003.

Lo-Jack battery replacement

Lo-Jack battery replacement

Postby noodlerooney » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:47 am

My friend has a 2000 Solara with the Lo-Jack recovery system and he wants to replace the battery himself w/o incurring the $80 fee. Does anyone know what this thing looks like and where it can be found? I cannot find any info anywhere about this, is it that hush-hush?
2000 SLE Flame Red Metallic, Charcoal Leather Interior, Loaded
15,001 miles, Garage Queen
noodlerooney
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Mon Nov 22, 2004 11:54 am

From what i remember, its really small and can be hidden anywhere. There is a 50-70 charge every 2 years you have to incur to check your lojack mechanicals are in working order...call around to see part of that carge can be used towards the down for a new batterypack! (sorry, no real way to answer this as i ain't a thief!!!).
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby SC V6 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 1:47 pm

whats a low jack?>
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Postby Turbosolara » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:13 pm

it's "lojack" and it is tracking device that once you found your car is jacked or stolen, then you call to active the device. polices has the radar unit and they can track down the car.

you suppose not to know where is the lojack at, and i think you should only let the authorized mechanic to switch the battery.
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby krawzyazn » Mon Nov 22, 2004 2:19 pm

yea i think if you did it your self it will void the warrenty
2002 2AZ-FE SILVER Toyota Solara
<B>FIRST 2AZ Gen 1.5 Solara with Headers!!!</b>

<B>http://WWW.Obamastinks.net</B>
krawzyazn
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby DatSRBoi » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:31 pm

UltraslowSolara wrote:you suppose not to know where is the lojack at, and i think you should only let the authorized mechanic to switch the battery.

Well I think its working. I never heard of it nor even know if I had one on my car haha. Was it an option you could get for the solara?
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby junest » Mon Nov 22, 2004 5:43 pm

DatSRBoi wrote:
UltraslowSolara wrote:you suppose not to know where is the lojack at, and i think you should only let the authorized mechanic to switch the battery.

Well I think its working. I never heard of it nor even know if I had one on my car haha. Was it an option you could get for the solara?

Yep, that was an option.
They actually have 'Early Warning Lojack' now, it's supposed to be an updated version. You carry a little black box (1"x1" in size) with you in the car where ever you go. If you don't have it, Lojack will be notified that your vehicle is in motion without the black box and will call you to find out wether or not you authorized your vehicles movement, otherwise they will assume that your car has been stolen and will relay the information to the police.
2004 Solara SLE V6 Convertible
Webpage
junest
super solara girl
super solara girl

Postby SC V6 » Mon Nov 22, 2004 6:55 pm

who wants to test police reaction time.. haahah :drinking:
Parting out my car!!! great upgrades for sale!
http://www.solaraguy.org/viewtopic.php?t=34449

Denso IK22's (6), SWAP PARTS! and more!!!
SC V6

Postby DatSRBoi » Mon Nov 22, 2004 7:28 pm

SC V6 wrote:who wants to test police reaction time.. haahah :drinking:

If I had a 1000 hp 6 second solara on a straight trafficless highway I would haha :evilbat:
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Lo-Jack

Postby noodlerooney » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:28 am

I do know that it is tied into the car's power (constant 12V) and has a battery backup and is approx. the size of a pack of cigs and would assume that it is located in the interior of the car. I would imagine if I found something spliced into the car's wiring that had a constant 12V that it would be a good indication that I found it.
noodlerooney
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Re: Lo-Jack

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Tue Nov 23, 2004 8:33 am

noodlerooney wrote:I do know that it is tied into the car's power (constant 12V) and has a battery backup and is approx. the size of a pack of cigs and would assume that it is located in the interior of the car. I would imagine if I found something spliced into the car's wiring that had a constant 12V that it would be a good indication that I found it.

true, but i still think you are messing with a system that is not a diy project (just cus the whole idea of LJ is to not know of its existance, its not a theft deterance..ie. stickers, its a devise to notify law enforcement where the car is, when stolen).Eithercase, its your car..GL!
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Postby Turbosolara » Tue Nov 23, 2004 6:44 pm

image you try to replace the battery and accidently trigger it.....your house will storm by cops!

last time my friend found his lojack was next to the tranny. my bro's stereo installer say he found it in the rear passager side under panel.

back in 1994, one of my friend got his pre-ordered integra GSR. he was the first very few people got it at that time. he was driving at long beach and he got jacked with gun pointed at his head. he called jojack and cop immedately, and they found the car within a hour. but it was smashed on the wall because those robber try to run cop.

Another story i hear was that a guy's miata was stolen. he active the lojack and cop was looking for it by the radar device. They end up found the miata at someone's living room! the guy opened the hole on the living room wall and resealed. he was planning to use the miata to decorate his house.
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Lojack battery replacement

Postby noodlerooney » Wed Nov 24, 2004 7:41 am

Thanks for the info UltraslowSolara.
I did not think that they would put it under the hood, I figured they would bury it under the dash somewhere.
Sometimes I wonder if I would want the car back after it was stolen, it's usually a basket case.
Again, info much appreciated.
noodlerooney
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Return to Stock Gen 1 and 1.5