[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - New Camera= Stable Update (added more 240 pics)
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

New Camera= Stable Update (added more 240 pics)

New Camera= Stable Update (added more 240 pics)

Postby CamryOnBronze » Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:38 am

So- tomorrow is my wife and I's one year anniversary, so we are heading out of town for the weekend. Alicia got me/us a Cannon Rebel XT for our anniversary- I am so stoked! I have always wanted a decent camera, but I have never spent the money on one. I can finally take decent pictures when I document my build! :lol:

Anyway, being excited about it, I decided to snap a few pics of the 240 last night and decided to give a little update on the current stable- including the Toyotas! Nothing exciting at all really, but I thought it would be fun.

1993 Nissan 240SX

154,XXX miles (on chassis)

I just started the car for the first time in nearly nine months on Wednesday night! I still need to tie up a couple of vacuum lines and miscellaneous items, but it should be on the road and ready for tuning next week when I get home! I did a lot of stuff over the winter, but the main items were an Apexi Power FC standalone, GT28R turbo, all new exhaust, GReddy intake manifold, Apexi head gasket, and Tomei Cams. I also totally redid the exterior with complete Kouki 180SX aero and new wheels:

My Brides. :lol:

1994 Toyota Camry
232,XXX Miles

The infamous Camry from the days of old- my first car, haha. Still kicking it as my daily driver, and I hope that it keeps running strong! It has fallen into a massive state of neglect now that it is just a winter beater- poor Camry, haha. The only mods left are H&R springs, 3 Tokico struts and 1 KYB strut, Ebay inatake, and the Ripp Mods header/custom catback. Ugh, it sounds horrible. :lol: I still love it though!

1999 Toyota Solara
110,XXX Miles

This is currently Alicia's daily driver and the car that we take on vacations. It was previously Brett's (YESCA's) car and we bought it just over a year ago. It was TRD supercharged when we got it, but we sold it since Alicia wasn't wild about buying premium gas. It's mostly stock at this point aside from the Renova grille and a GReddy SP2 muffler. I am hoping to make this my daily driver, sell my Camry if it is still around, and purchase a newer car for Alicia late next year.

With that in mind, I have an Injen intake and GReddy Evo 2 catback on the way for it. If I do end up making this my new daily, I'll probably toss my springs from the camry on it, tint the windows lightly, get a Kaminari lip kit, and throw some cheap wheels with good fitment on it. That would be a perfect daily!

A storm had just rolled through, so the lighting was really weird outside. I didn't know how to turn the flash off yet, so these look pretty bad lol. The bike rack is just on loan to us- I'm not wild about it, but oh well. :lol:

So yeah- I'll update you guys when the 240 is all set up and on the road- and when the Solara parts show up. :)

Damon
94 Camry: Beater
99 Solara: S/C & Totaled (RIP)
93 240SX: SR20DET
CamryOnBronze
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Re: New Camera= Stable Update

Postby DSM_Lara » Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:12 am

Sweet rides.
Especially the 240.... that came a long way. I remember seeing it mostly stock.
You know you want to mod that Lara... Yota's in your blood and you know it's true.
As for the camera.... It's a decent camera for starters and eventually you should get the hang of it. Shoot on "P" so your flash won't go off.
As to you guys enjoy your anniversary. :wink:
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:34 am

good stuff Damon, The 240 looks totally different dude. Even underneath the hood doesnt look the same.
either way still looks sick man! props.
More pics!!! :D :D :D
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:30 am

happy anniversary. nice picture quality and i'm diggin your crib! congrats on all your success.
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby kingkakyle » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:41 am

ive been showing my friend ur 240 every update since u got it
it makes him cry everytime i show him lol
(hes very envious that his is so messed up)
kingkakyle
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:43 am

kingkakyle wrote:ive been showing my friend ur 240 every update since u got it
it makes him cry everytime i show him lol
(hes very envious that his is so messed up)

Yeah a buddy of mine gets wet when he sees Damons car lol.
He has a 240 as well but his is also beat up lol
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby SleeperSolara » Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:56 am

Congrats Damon.
The 240SX looks hella sexy. :sweet:
You make me want a 240SX so bad now. lol.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby crispone » Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:43 pm

SWEET 240! Curious how that GT28 works out for you... sure it will be FUN!

DITTO on the "no flash" on your pics! Use a tripod OR brace the camera for the SLOW shutter speed, and you will be amazed at how good ambient light images are when it comes to even, balanced illumination. (Of course, depending on the lighting, "tint" will be warm/cool etc... )

Start a project thread on that Nissan in the garage thread... I'd love to follow your car.

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby GreeKAvaLoN » Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:38 am

wow nice house damon! i remember seeing pics of the camry when you had it done nicely! it really did go downhill / stock lol. 240 looks badass
are avalons supposed to be this fast?
GreeKAvaLoN
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby CamryOnBronze » Sat Jul 17, 2010 4:35 pm

haha, thanks guys! The 240 build has been a ton of work and a lot of fun- I can't wait to get it back on the road and enjoy it before the now flies! Hopefully the last few items will go alright and it will run well.

Thanks Crisp! I have been super impressed a well with the camera with the flash shut off. I'll have to brush up on my camera knowledge before I shoot in full manual mode, but I hope to get to that point- I had two photo classes in college as a part of my design degree, but I kind of blew off a lot of the technical stuff, LOL.

Glad to hear 240 people like the car, haha. It's not as clean as it looks in pics sometimes, but I am grateful to have one that isn't smashed up! It's a garage queen, not gonna lie haha.
CamryOnBronze
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby 99BlackSandv6 » Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:17 am

Haha, I'll just make a list.

Nice:
-240. I love the 180 aero, and of course the black, and the turbo, and...well it's just cool.
-Brides, both are hot.
-Camry, gotta love the first car memories.
-Solara. Because this is SolaraGuy.com Gotta love it.
-House. It's pretty cute.

Happy 1st Anniversary Damon. I dig your taste in cars, mods, and lady folk. :lol: :sweet:
Trust me, I'm a technician.
99BlackSandv6
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Akfahad » Mon Jul 19, 2010 4:55 pm

I want!.....car #1
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby solara90 » Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:40 pm

I dont even want the girl just give me the car!
02 solara 2az

solara90
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby CamryOnBronze » Tue Jul 20, 2010 12:18 pm

haha, nice...

I might just have to pull the H&R springs off of my Camry and toss them on the Solara soon... :angel:
CamryOnBronze
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby CamryOnBronze » Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:32 am

One more 240 pic, haha. Hope to drive it tonight.

CamryOnBronze
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Next

Return to Pictures and Videos