[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Just when I thought I was done...
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

Just when I thought I was done...

Just when I thought I was done...

Postby Mr_Krispy1183 » Tue Jun 22, 2010 7:55 pm

I'd hit a point recently (being an unemployed college grad in SoCal slowly drowning in debt) that I figured hey, I'm done modding the Solara. I am the original owner and have done little things here and there over the course of the last 9 years. There was a period I even stripped everything (minus the intake) off the car just in case I felt like selling it. However, with the renaissance here in Socal over the last year-and-a-half or so (spearheaded by the combined efforts of Gabe, GregTRD, and willing guinea pigs like jetbtkng), I've felt more inclined to keep up with the scene and keep trying to represent the Solara/Camry community.

With that, I lucked out in the last year in that I was able to help research/pioneer a few new products for our platforms. First, was the Ultra Racing 4-point lower front brace. Great upgrade, I know Bob is now happy with mine! Next, I happened upon an opportunity to work with Megan Racing to prototype a set of their Street series coilovers for our cars. Now, I'm aware there are several other companies who've been up on this for years now. However, I am working with Megan to try and make this setup be the one that provides maximum drop without compromising things like the CV joints (which can be a problem with FF setups like ours)

I've always liked my previous stance, that I got after playing around mix-and-matching springs to get the most even-looking gaps front and rear. Now, I'm going to try to go as low as the chassis will allow, since our frame/rails hang much lower than other cars, hindering the slammed look.

Also, I've had numerous PMs about the little other touches I've done over the last several months.

-My corner lights are actually black housed corners (not smoked) that were tinted amber to give me the whole "JP-inspired" look I wanted.

-I also got my front end and hood repainted by paint guru extraordinaire Albertrd, brother of resident megamechanic Gregtrd. He laid down a lot of fresh Silverstream paint, and painted both the mesh in my old TWS grill and my lower bumper grill matte black, as well as smoking my fogs (to give the illusion that I removed them, making for a more aggresive look for the OEM bumper.

I'll have more pics up after I get her aligned and cleaned up. This pic below has barely a a pinky gap up front due to my needing to roll the front fender lips and trim/remove the fenderwell liner, and about the same in rear since my toe-in kept me from slamming it @ Megan. Rest assured, it'll go low as hell, because I didn't get rid of my old setup to look about the same as before. I'll also run smaller tires and bigger spacers F & R to flush up the fenderwells.

Here's a really small snippet of it rolling (Gawd I need a kit and smaller tires to go lower!) at the 2:17 mark
'01 zenki MCV20 Silverstream Opalescent
Mr_Krispy1183
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Re: Just when I thought I was done...

Postby TxBmbleBee » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:13 pm

car looks dope man! you are not the first to paint your lower grill black...a red solara did it a while back. what are your plans next?
"i just wanna go fast..."
TxBmbleBee
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Gregtrd » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:15 pm

looking good krispy, let me know when you're ready to join the 300whp club. :sweet: :sweet: :sweet:
The Fastest Camry in Socal
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Toy1mzfe » Tue Jun 22, 2010 9:45 pm

U cant ever be done with cars... Once a car guy, always a car guy.

But i believe the picture does not do justice on your car.

Hmm, so when is megan making these for the Solara. And whats the price range?
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Gregtrd » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:01 pm

sound like krispy need a trd kit to lay frame (caution will drag) :drinking: :drinking: :bird: :sweet:
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby albertrd » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:08 pm

hey krispy, is that the new trd off road solara (5" lifted [:) [:| [:\ [:/ [:(
albertrd
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Mr_Chunkz » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:18 pm

looks dope krispy
you should set the coilovers on max low
- Mr_Chunkz -
The Daily
Mr_Chunkz
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Gregtrd » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:21 pm

Mr_Chunkz wrote:looks dope krispy

oh shut the phuck up :agrue: :bday: Tracy before you get this thread closed like the other one.
366whp / 427wtq @10.5psi
Gregtrd
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby albertrd » Tue Jun 22, 2010 10:48 pm

hey krispy, on the real it looks good
albertrd
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Mr_Krispy1183 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:04 am

TxBmbleBee wrote:car looks dope man! you are not the first to paint your lower grill black...a red solara did it a while back. what are your plans next?

I'm sure I'm not the first, just been wanting to do it. I'll likely boost up at some point...when I'm not flat broke and after my Z is in a more modified state.

Toy1mzfe wrote:U cant ever be done with cars... Once a car guy, always a car guy.

But i believe the picture does not do justice on your car.

Hmm, so when is megan making these for the Solara. And whats the price range?

Haha, your right about the pics not doing justice. I'm not a photog by any means, and I won't let anyone shoot it until the stance is adjusted properly.

As for Megan, we're still working out a few kinks with my set, but ETA and MSRP will be released soon enough.

Gregtrd wrote:sound like krispy need a trd kit to lay frame (caution will drag) :drinking: :drinking: :bird: :sweet:
albertrd wrote:hey krispy, is that the new trd off road solara (5" lifted [:) [:| [:\ [:/ [:(

Bastards :P

Mr_Chunkz wrote:looks dope krispy

WIll do. Gotta stretch some tire and move my 15mm spacers up front to make room for 25mms out back. Effective offset should be +22F, +12R
'01 zenki MCV20 Silverstream Opalescent
Mr_Krispy1183
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Wed Jun 23, 2010 9:07 am

damn looks sick Krisp! i want coils now lol
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby t3chnique » Thu Jun 24, 2010 10:08 pm

Smaller tires? Aren't you on 225/40/18s, which are a bit smaller than stock already? What size you planning to get
Tony the Tiger wrote:FWD = king of the streets with unpredictable pavement and road conditions.
t3chnique
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby indiglosolara » Fri Jun 25, 2010 7:51 am

looking good~~~!!!
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby Toy1mzfe » Fri Jun 25, 2010 4:22 pm

You might wanna get wheels with a more aggressive offset. Spacers now arnt that cheap because of the popularity of being flush and aggressive. And in the end the spacers may add up.

I was thinking about the same thing but then i didnt wanna deal with buying more spacers.
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Akfahad » Fri Jun 25, 2010 5:35 pm

nice setup!
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Next

Return to Pictures and Videos