[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Gun Grey Metallic Solara UPDATED 10/2
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

Gun Grey Metallic Solara UPDATED 10/2

Postby funboy102 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 12:27 am

Stayed home on a Friday night :roll: Got bored and re-sized the pics to a width of 1024, should be a lot easier on people's monitor now.

Thanks for the compliments guys!
1999 Solara SE V6 5-Speed PICS! http://www.solaraguy.com/viewtopic.php?t=43759
funboy102
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby QuickSEV6 » Sat Mar 28, 2009 2:23 am

How did I miss this thread.

Well done. Very nice color. I like it a lot.

BUT, I'm not too crazy about those orange corners.

Nice looking ride.
QuickSEV6
Solara Driver Extraordinaire
Solara Driver Extraordinaire

Postby funboy102 » Sun Mar 29, 2009 1:38 pm

Thanks Quick! Those are the stock corners... Yeah, they do look really orange, but yeah, they're stock.

I picked up a TRD kit yesterday, so the next pictures will be with a TRD kit on.

Quick Fact: Google "Gun Grey Metallic Solara" :D
funboy102
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Garrryyunit » Sat Apr 04, 2009 8:32 pm

funboy102 wrote:Thanks Quick! Those are the stock corners... Yeah, they do look really orange, but yeah, they're stock.

I picked up a TRD kit yesterday, so the next pictures will be with a TRD kit on.

Quick Fact: Google "Gun Grey Metallic Solara" :D

Nice google.. now how about googling "garrryyunit". HAHA all me. :]
Photo My Car

2002 Solara SE - Sold
1992 Civic VX - Current
2003 S2000 - Current
Garrryyunit
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby LatinDragonXJC » Thu Apr 09, 2009 6:51 am

Solorange wrote:
funboy102 wrote:
Solorange wrote:Chimming in late... I have to agree with everyone else that does look good. Im shocked Maaco did that good of a job! When they painted it did they tape off and remove most of the seals? Every Maaco job ive see they just spray over all the sees and usually don't clean the dirt off the car well.

Hmm, they did a great job masking and removing anything that had to be removed to be reattached. As far as i've seen, I haven't seen any overspray on my car. And they did clean off the dirt well. Everything is done indoor, and everything is done in a separate room so there's no dust and contamination flying from one room to another (well, for the Maaco I went to at least).

Really!!! Thats good to hear. I guess I would have to rethink my opinion on maaco. I really like that color!

Did you get car done at MAACO?
LatinDragonXJC
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Location: Chilltown,Jersey City, New Jersey, United States, North America, Earth, Galaxy, Aliens Belly Button

Postby funboy102 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 11:34 am

Yeah, I did do it all MAACO. http://www.maaco.com/paint-overall.aspx#

I got their Signature package which is the highest package they offer. It's urethane paint, and there's a separate base coat and a clear coat. It's basically how they paint cars when someone gets in a collision and they need it to be re-painted to OEM spec. It looks great IMO.
funboy102
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby indiglosolara » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:36 pm

Nice Paint Job... its not bad at all for MAACO...

I would look into some blacked out headlights and corners to really set off that color scheme..

drop the car some more and the trd kit will make it a little more fancy...
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby ChrissyD123 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 7:49 pm

:)!!!! I really like it
</SolaraGirl>
{15inch JL sub w/ 1000 JL Watt Amp.... Stock engine, but clean Lara}
ChrissyD123
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby funboy102 » Thu Apr 09, 2009 8:04 pm

indiglosolara wrote:Nice Paint Job... its not bad at all for MAACO...

I would look into some blacked out headlights and corners to really set off that color scheme..

drop the car some more and the trd kit will make it a little more fancy...

I 90% agree with you! Haha, i've been looking into blacked out headlights and corners already. I even made a WTB thread. I'm still waiting to hear back from a couple of SG people. I agree with the TRD kit too... as a matter of fact, it's sitting in my garage, unpainted. I'm just saving up the money to get it painted and installed at this point. As for lower it some more, I already got some Teins lowering it, I don't think it's gonna get any lower. Yeah, this MAACO looks better than other MAACO i've seen.

ChrissyD123 wrote::D !!!! I really like it

Thank you!
funboy102
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby hksboost » Fri Apr 10, 2009 7:46 am

Sexy lara
Very nice color choice

TurboNetics T-60
471 Whp / 467 lbft @ 20 psi
hksboost
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Solorange » Fri Apr 10, 2009 2:58 pm

LatinDragonXJC wrote:
Solorange wrote:
funboy102 wrote:
Solorange wrote:Chimming in late... I have to agree with everyone else that does look good. Im shocked Maaco did that good of a job! When they painted it did they tape off and remove most of the seals? Every Maaco job ive see they just spray over all the sees and usually don't clean the dirt off the car well.

Hmm, they did a great job masking and removing anything that had to be removed to be reattached. As far as i've seen, I haven't seen any overspray on my car. And they did clean off the dirt well. Everything is done indoor, and everything is done in a separate room so there's no dust and contamination flying from one room to another (well, for the Maaco I went to at least).

Really!!! Thats good to hear. I guess I would have to rethink my opinion on maaco. I really like that color!

Did you get car done at MAACO?

No... Why?
1999 Toyota Solara SEV6 5speed
2009 Toyota Highlander Sport
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Solorange
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Fri Apr 10, 2009 3:15 pm

ugh i hella need a new paint job. hella clean color though! props on goin outside the box. shoulda put the lip on first and THEN painted it!
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby freshdenamufcka » Tue Apr 14, 2009 10:02 am

wow always loved smoke gray on any car. didnt know it would look this good on a solara. how much was the cost of your paint job if you dont mind me asking im thinking about repainting mine too!
freshdenamufcka
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby funboy102 » Tue Apr 14, 2009 11:28 am

hksboost wrote:Sexy lara
Very nice color choice

Thanks!

yaddadaimsayin wrote:ugh i hella need a new paint job. hella clean color though! props on goin outside the box. shoulda put the lip on first and THEN painted it!

Actually, you're suppose to remove anything you can remove, this includes side skirts, license plate, mud guards, headlights, tail lights, fog lights, and THEN you paint it, that way, the paint covers everything. But anyhow, I decided to pick up the lip after I got my car painted, so I couldn't paint it with it on the car anyways. Thanks on the compliment!

freshdenamufcka wrote:wow always loved smoke gray on any car. didnt know it would look this good on a solara. how much was the cost of your paint job if you dont mind me asking im thinking about repainting mine too!

Yup, smoke grey is pretty sick. Well, if you want price, they all vary a little bit, but if you call your local MAACO and ask them how much for the Signature service, they can give you an estimate. Keep in mind I also had minor body work done and I also got the door jambs.
funboy102
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby freshdenamufcka » Wed Apr 15, 2009 12:37 am

tinted tails would look pretty sick too
freshdenamufcka
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

PreviousNext

Return to Pictures and Videos