[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Hydraulics on a Flamed Solara on 19's
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

Hydraulics on a Flamed Solara on 19's

Hydraulics on a Flamed Solara on 19's

Postby makeitscrape » Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:23 pm

Most people said it couldn't be done... but 18 hours later, here is the finished product...

http://www.makeitscrape.com/juice/juice.html
makeitscrape
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Gunman » Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:33 pm

are those pics real ?
Solara's "official" handsome guy.
Gunman
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Blaze » Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:33 pm

i guess it could be done but why? i dont mean to rag on u but i dont see the point of hydraulics on a solara.
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Dont mind blaze

Postby Octane SOlara » Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:42 pm

Dont mind blaze, he is a jelouse deuche bag. You car is fine and much nicer than most. Its different and people are threatened by that. Cause you know why. When your at a show and their solara is parked next to yours. Guess who gets more points. Duh, You of course cause you didnt buy your car bone stock with stock modifications from the factory.. Way to go man. Do what you wanna. Ride on
Octane SOlara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Dont mind blaze

Postby Blaze » Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:47 pm

Octane SOlara wrote:Dont mind blaze, he is a jelouse deuche bag. You car is fine and much nicer than most. Its different and people are threatened by that. Cause you know why. When your at a show and their solara is parked next to yours. Guess who gets more points. Duh, You of course cause you didnt buy your car bone stock with stock modifications from the factory.. Way to go man. Do what you wanna. Ride on

im a deucha bag cuz i have an opinion? wtf?
im sorry i dont feel threatened by that, first of all flames and hydro dont belong on a solara, maybe on lowrider but def not a solara, thats MY opinion, a$shole
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

YES

Postby Octane SOlara » Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:53 pm

you havnt said one positive thing about anyones car accept plain cars that were just bought. If you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all. If no one says anything about a post of pictures , the person will get the hint that they dont like their car. You dont have to put people down. What do you expect him to take out the hydrolics now that you gave him that wonderful advice. how would you like it if i insulted everything you did, whether it be your car, the way you talked, dressed, walked etc... you wouldnt ..
Octane SOlara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Blaze » Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:56 pm

the point of this forum is to give feedback, i believe i have the right to post whatever i want, and in my opinion and many others, octane kits and black widow kits and any extreme designs dont belong on a solara.
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Blaze » Sat Nov 02, 2002 6:57 pm

btw dont i host your pics? see freedom of speech is great, i can post any comments i want
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Re: YES

Postby krook » Sat Nov 02, 2002 7:45 pm

Octane SOlara wrote:you havnt said one positive thing about anyones car accept plain cars that were just bought. If you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all.

you must be getting Blaze confused with Flip. . . :lol: :lol:

j/k Flip :wink:
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby droomyster » Sat Nov 02, 2002 7:45 pm

i agree with blaze. at first i really didn't like the flames, but they have sorta grown on me. i see no point in hydraulics in the first place, but it does look decent on some cars. in MY OPINION, it doesn't belong on a solara. but people do different things with their money and time and more power to them.
and as far as OPINIONS go on forums, that is the idea of posting pictures of your car. most people want all OPINIONS. if don't want to hear the bad ones, don't post.
droomyster
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Blaze » Sat Nov 02, 2002 7:46 pm

droomyster wrote:i agree with blaze. at first i really didn't like the flames, but they have sorta grown on me. i see no point in hydraulics in the first place, but it does look decent on some cars. in MY OPINION, it doesn't belong on a solara. but people do different things with their money and time and more power to them.
and as far as OPINIONS go on forums, that is the idea of posting pictures of your car. most people want all OPINIONS. if don't want to hear the bad ones, don't post.

thank you :)
Blaze
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby krook » Sat Nov 02, 2002 9:08 pm

droomyster wrote:and as far as OPINIONS go on forums, that is the idea of posting pictures of your car. most people want all OPINIONS. if don't want to hear the bad ones, don't post.

i think opinions belong on this forum, not name-bashing or personal insults.

Blaze wrote:the point of this forum is to give feedback, i believe i have the right to post whatever i want, and in my opinion and many others, octane kits and black widow kits and any extreme designs dont belong on a solara.

i have a black widow kit, and while others may not like it, i do, and that is the main point. it all comes down to each person. i'm sure makeitscrape was not offended by Blaze's comment, just as i was not offended by their opinions. taken into consideration, but nothing more. :wink:

btw, makeitscrape, nice job. i wouldn't put hydro's on my solara, but if i had the money and means to do whatever the hell i wanted to my solara, i'm sure i'd put something on that not everyone would agree with. in any case, i think it's coo. . .
krook
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby nkx1 » Sat Nov 02, 2002 10:25 pm

Nice Ride. Question: How come you went with hydrolics instead of a more modern technology such as airbags or air shocks which don't require the extra batteries? In any case, your Solara is unique, and I think thats cool. I wish I had the funds to spend that much on my Solara.
2001 SLE, Diamond White Pearl
nkx1
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Yanks0114 » Sat Nov 02, 2002 11:32 pm

I respect you because you are unique, but i think its a bit excessive.

Octane, As a "just licensed solaraguy" the first thing you need to learn is respect. Blaze is not only a moderator, but also a great member of the forum. We are all entitled to our opinion and he stated his. If this guy didn't wanna know what people though, then he wouldn't have posted pics.
Yanks0114
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Postby makeitscrape » Sun Nov 03, 2002 12:54 pm

blaze and droomyster, i appreciate all that you guys are saying about my hydraulics whether it's positive or negative feedback, but i just wanted to be DIFFERENT. Notice, we don't drive hondas, so were already a bit different, and I'm different because I don't have any TRD stuff, or BODYKITS that someone else can just go out and buy. I don't have any TSW wheels that they rename to TRD. I don't have a big a$$ exhaust that belongs either in the Folgers aisle at Safeway or on the back of a semi truck. I'M DIFFERENT... I'm building my car to win shows and get in magazines. I have a photo shoot with kevin whipps this week. You guys probably don't know who he is, because he doesn't sell TRD products. He shoots for magazines such as minitruckin, lowrider, euro lowrider, hci, etc. etc. Notice, that they don't put anyones car in a magazine when they just need to walk next door and be able to find the same car w/ all the same crap on it!

I went with hydraulics, becauase of our mcpherson struts. the only other things that would have worked would be strut-bags, or mac air cylinders. I've already done a cylindered vehicle, and strut bags won't even sit nearly as low.

you guys are all awesome... thank you for expressing your views... that's why i joined this forum... for everyones 2 cents... i've now given mine, so you guys have a great day! i'm outta here...
makeitscrape
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Next

Return to Pictures and Videos