[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Hydraulics on a Flamed Solara on 19's
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

Hydraulics on a Flamed Solara on 19's

Postby makeitscrape » Wed Nov 06, 2002 11:37 pm

Flipside909 wrote:That's your problem...sprint springs are known to sag too much. Hydraulics really wouldn't be your answer because you will only lose the comfort and stability of your car. True coilovers would help remedy your sag problem in the back.

Here's the thing... Flipside seems to be very knowledgeable in springs and a plethora of aftermarket goodies for our cars, but the one thing I probably am a bit more proficient on, and no offense Flipside, is hydraulics... See, I have accumulators my juice, so the car actually Floats like a cadillac... and by modifying the stock strut to work with the hydraulic cylinder, the car is just as reliable and stable as factory, PROVIDING, that proper maintenance is taken. Nothing was cut out of the car, nothing needed to be hacked, or anything with my juice install.

However, I recommend juice only to those who are willing to do the maintenance required, and as far as charging batteries, I have a street charger, so it charges while i drive. no mess, no hassle... If you're willing, more power to you i say...

Have a good one folks...
makeitscrape
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Flipside909 » Fri Nov 08, 2002 2:43 am

makeitscrape wrote:
Here's the thing... Flipside seems to be very knowledgeable in springs and a plethora of aftermarket goodies for our cars, but the one thing I probably am a bit more proficient on, and no offense Flipside, is hydraulics... See, I have accumulators my juice, so the car actually Floats like a cadillac...

Have a good one folks...

No offense taken! :D Glides smoothly like a caddy for sure. But will not out handle an engineered supsension of true coilovers or performance springs/struts in more aggressive driving. Different types of parts for different style of ride. ;)
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby 20SoLaRa02 » Fri Nov 08, 2002 7:50 pm

One word for everyone here JDM!!!!!!!!!!......wait nm we can't go that way....lol.....crap. sometimes i wish i still had my civic....lol

as for the hydros...congrats dawg....if we all did the same crap to our solaras i wouldn't want to own one n e more. not my style but it will get u magazines for sure. good luck. All GO no SHOW here!!!....to what ever extent a solara can go...haha
20SoLaRa02
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Whatever » Sat Nov 09, 2002 4:05 pm

i think the car looks good. :D and i like it.
Whatever
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby cdssolara » Wed Nov 13, 2002 4:35 pm

Neither the flames nor the hydraulics are my cup of tea, but I give makeitscrape a lot of credit for doing a great job with his car. This is what he wanted, he knew how to go about it, and he did it first class. Everybody has a different idea about what he/she wants out of their car. This one is pretty original.
cdssolara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby Peter » Fri Nov 15, 2002 12:30 am

cdssolara wrote:Neither the flames nor the hydraulics are my cup of tea, but I give makeitscrape a lot of credit for doing a great job with his car. This is what he wanted, he knew how to go about it, and he did it first class. Everybody has a different idea about what he/she wants out of their car. This one is pretty original.

Word up! Very well said. I agree 100%
Peter's "Black Sheep"
-1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 Black 5 Speed

Visit Black Sheep
Peter
Mod Alumni
Mod Alumni

Postby Whatever » Fri Nov 15, 2002 3:57 am

Peter wrote:
cdssolara wrote:Neither the flames nor the hydraulics are my cup of tea, but I give makeitscrape a lot of credit for doing a great job with his car. This is what he wanted, he knew how to go about it, and he did it first class. Everybody has a different idea about what he/she wants out of their car. This one is pretty original.

Word up! Very well said. I agree 100%

yeah me too. i agree 200%, keep it up makeitscrape :) :)
Whatever
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

hey guys question for ..

Postby Danny » Sat Jan 11, 2003 10:03 pm

first off the car looks good hands down, but im suprised that you guys have never seen the lowrider euro magazine that has the solara on hydrolics that has been out for about 3 years!!! and to all you guys that are bagging on him about hydros they are not supposed to be on any car, they are hydrolics the same thing we use to open things but people put them on car what does it matter if he has them on a solara or an impala he will always be different and have something to show for.... more then most of us who are all thinking were hot with our superchargers be creative thats were its at. lastely i love my car with out hydros solaras are dope 1" of the ground and 8" of the ground.
Danny
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: hey guys question for ..

Postby Flipside909 » Tue Jan 14, 2003 11:42 am

Danny wrote:first off the car looks good hands down, but im suprised that you guys have never seen the lowrider euro magazine that has the solara on hydrolics that has been out for about 3 years!!! and to all you guys that are bagging on him about hydros they are not supposed to be on any car, they are hydrolics the same thing we use to open things but people put them on car what does it matter if he has them on a solara or an impala he will always be different and have something to show for.... more then most of us who are all thinking were hot with our superchargers be creative thats were its at. lastely i love my car with out hydros solaras are dope 1" of the ground and 8" of the ground.

First off it's Hydraulics not hydrolics...and second, that 99 Silverstream opalescent Solara was a Long Beach Grand Prix edition (it was one of 35 made) I know 3 other people with the same package #17, #23 and #5. I've seen that car when it first came out...even before it got it's magazine coverage in Euro Lowrider. I give the owner plenty of credit for transforming his car. But why would you dismantle a factory approved performance package which I know he paid more for than a regular Solara with the same options (i.e. TRD Struts/Springs and TSW/TRD wheels) in favor of hydraulics? The car had up to a $4k markup from sticker price. This was the case with all 35 LBGP edition Solaras that were sold only here in SoCal. I mean yes to each his own, but what a perfectly waste of a one off package. No one is bagging on it, everyone has their own opinions and majority out there will think the same no matter what. Just because many of us don't like hydraulics on Solaras doesn't necessarily mean we hate it. Not every one is gonna see eye to eye on it.
www.clublexus.com

Solaraguy.com OG. ;)
Flipside909
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby solaraguy777 » Sat Jan 25, 2003 9:25 am

that solara is a show stopper i dunno wtf u guys r talking about that's a tight whip
Ram air intake w/ k&N filter, Trd exhaust,
Hp racing evo 18's, Tokico/Eibach combo.
solaraguy777
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Previous

Return to Pictures and Videos