[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 99 Solara - My Ride's progress
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

99 Solara - My Ride's progress

Re: 99 Solara - My Ride's progress

Postby SleeperSolara » Sat Aug 14, 2010 10:17 pm

Looks good so far man.
You need to let the springs settle a tad bit.
The muffler looks a tad bit angled down.....
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby DSM_Lara » Sun Aug 15, 2010 2:27 am

ahhh looking good... I envy because you drop your car before me.... o well. Got my TRD Struts from Greg on Friday and waiting for the Tein S-Tech to be ship. Will see I'm hoping by the end of this month I can do the drop... I don't know about the exhaust though not really in a rush to get one in. But, I was wondering if I could custom fit an HKS Hi-Power exhaust somehow to this thing. I kind like that tone on my 2G DSM.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby mig0s » Sun Aug 15, 2010 7:40 pm

Thanks guy for the kind words, I know the muffler aims a little low but I like the look! And the sound is just amazing! Very deep tone and not ricey at all. Going from 2k rpm to 3k is the best part. I was trying to make a video but ran out of memory space and it started raining :(

It was raining all day today so just took some quick pictures when the raining took a 2 minute break. I'll make take some beautiful pictures another day and another place than in front of my garage lol.

Oh yeah and I know the springs have to settle a bit but I still thing I have a big wheel gap, especially in the back. When my tires would be done I'll get some 225/45/18 in the back (Currently on 215/40/18).

Also, some of you might think that it's wack to have a TRD badge in the back without important TRD parts, but I have a TRD engine crank cover! Lol! (I got it locally for like 5$ :P)

Ok enough talking here's the pictures

More pictures taken from yesterday after the drop
Stupid pole!

A video of the exhaust sound is coming soon!
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 3:13 pm

looks clean dude! yeah you should look lower in a few weeks. just put bricks in the trunk and speed up the process lol

and lets see that trd engine cover your talking about. :D
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby mig0s » Mon Aug 16, 2010 5:42 pm

Thanks nando and I didn't mean engine cover, I meant the crank case cap, the thing you have to take off to change your oil lol!
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Mon Aug 16, 2010 6:29 pm

mig0s wrote:Thanks nando and I didn't mean engine cover, I meant the crank case cap, the thing you have to take off to change your oil lol!

ahhh gotcha lol

its all good though dude. I have a TRD badge like that on my trunk and ive had way even before i had any TRD part on my car lol
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby mig0s » Wed Aug 25, 2010 7:23 pm

Just tinted my tails... Here's the before and after, does it look better?

BEFORE:

AFTER:

PS: I think I'mma put bricks in the trunk for the rear to be lower... it's been almost 2 weeks since the drop (Tein) and the rear still seems so high!
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Toy1mzfe » Thu Aug 26, 2010 12:36 am

Whats the specs on the wheels? They look pretty darn close to the fenders, especially the fronts.

As for your springs. This might be the drop you will have man. 225/45/18 will kill the gap. I have 225/40/18 and still not satisfied. Also, you can hook up Subs in the trunk and that will make it a lil lower. hah.

Nice job tho, the wheels look clean
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby mig0s » Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:38 am

Toy1mzfe wrote:Whats the specs on the wheels? They look pretty darn close to the fenders, especially the fronts.

As for your springs. This might be the drop you will have man. 225/45/18 will kill the gap. I have 225/40/18 and still not satisfied. Also, you can hook up Subs in the trunk and that will make it a lil lower. hah.

Nice job tho, the wheels look clean

Thanks for the comment! The rims are 18x8 +40, which for me is a perfect size BUT the tires are 215/40/18, which are really small, you can even see a little stretch. But I got the wheels like that and the tires are almost new. Either I'll wait for them to be done and get some 225/45/18 or I'll try to find someone that would switch with me.

Since I'm storing the Solara for the winter (trust me it's harsh here in Canada), I'll get some 10mm spacers in the rear during that time!
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Aug 26, 2010 10:58 am

dang the car is coming along real nice!
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby redsamick » Tue Aug 31, 2010 2:28 am

Looks great man, can't wait to get home, post some pics, and get to work. Enjoy!
2000 SE 5-speed
V6
K&N Air filter
Black
Sunroof
Leather

time flies like an arrow. fruit flies like a banana.
redsamick
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Tue Aug 31, 2010 11:35 am

lovin the tinted tails bro! i would of kept mine but cops here are asses, so i had no choice than to let them go! :(
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby mig0s » Tue Aug 31, 2010 1:32 pm

Thanks guys! I just spent the whole afternoon washing, clay bared, waxed and polished the car. Will post pics soon with a video of my exhaust!
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SteveSolara » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:39 pm

nice ride i like the rims, it would look better if u blacked out the front side signals and the rear tailight ( but mask out the reverse and turn signals ) thats what i did to mine and it looks great on a white solara but looks even better with a black one.
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby SteveSolara » Thu Feb 10, 2011 5:45 pm

This is what it looks like when you tape out the reverse, and turns signals and spray it down with RUST-OLEUM Lens Tint Translucent Black Coating
Image Image
SteveSolara
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Pictures and Videos