[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - My 2001 Camry Gallery Series / TRD Edition PICS
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

My 2001 Camry Gallery Series / TRD Edition PICS

My 2001 Camry Gallery Series / TRD Edition PICS

Postby twinjetguy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:07 pm

Hey guys,

Been doing quite a bit of stuff to the car recently, figured I would share the updates with you all. My car is a 2001 Camry Gallery Edition. Fully loaded with everything including traction control, moon roof, and damn near every other option EXCEPT for leather. Wish I had it! The car Currently has 36,400 miles on it as of yesterday. Here is a list of the mods that I have already done to it:

TRD Supercharger w/stock pullly
Injen Intake
Jet Performance Throttle Body Spacer
Magnecore plug wires
E3 Diamond Fire plugs
Fuel line/filter mod
Cat Back exhaust w/Magnaflow Muffler
TRD Oil Fill Cap
TRD Radiator Cap
TRD Strut Tie Bar
Whiteline F&R sway bars
Stop Tech F&R cross drilled/vented rotors
Ceramic brake pads
18x7.5 Kyowa Wheels
Yokohama Tires
In Dash Navigation, DVD, MP3, Ipod, blah blah blah.

Here is a list of the most recent mods that I have done to it:

TRD Springs
TRD Struts
NST Engineering lightened crankshaft pully
TRD Boost Gauge (plumbed into the throttle body spacer)
Autometer Solar single gauge pod modified for the Camry

I have to say, the struts and springs are a night and day difference! Of course the ride is a bit stiffer, but around town it really isn't that bad. The handling is insane for a 4 door passenger car. Taking huge sweepers at 90-100 mph the thing is rock solid. I was surprised at the difference the NST lightened crank pulley made. Throttle response and acceleration difference is very noticeable. I highly recommend these mods.

A HUGE thanks to Gabe and Greg for all the help! Couldn't have done any of this without their help. Greg really knows his stuff and is a hell of a funny guy too. If you are in the So Cal area and need help with installs or need info, he is definitely the guy to talk to. We even timed it, and he can swap out a front strut mount in 11 minutes and that includes closing the hood. Gabe of course you all know is THE source for cool parts. Thanks a lot guys, can't thank you enough for all the help. I also came up with a few new names for the car now, instead of the "Gallery Series", it is now the "TRD Gallery Series". The other two names are still "The Gentleman's Sport Sedan" and "Japanese European Touring Car".

Next on the list of things to do:

Upgrade front brakes more, already have a lot of parts
Upgrade to 6lbs boost, already have the pulley, just need the injectors, fuel pump, and SAFC

Sorry the pics turned out so terrible, just got a new computer and I still need to get a copy of Photoshop on here.

I'm not an alcoholic, I'm a alcohol enthusiast!
twinjetguy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: My 2001 Camry Gallery Series / TRD Edition PICS

Postby Akfahad » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:23 pm

very clean
Akfahad
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby twinjetguy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 5:35 pm

Thanks man! I just got done checking out your car and I have to say HOLY SH*T that thing is NICE!!!!! Definite inspiration for my car.
twinjetguy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SleeperSolara » Wed Jul 28, 2010 10:01 pm

Looks very good man.
If you want to make the car handle even better, you should check out the Ultra Racing subframe braces.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby twinjetguy » Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:21 pm

I have thought about one of those, but they drastically reduce ground clearance don't they? What is the ride quality like after they are installed? Does it rattle your teeth? Thanks for the compliment.
twinjetguy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby DSM_Lara » Thu Jul 29, 2010 12:05 am

Clean Camry. Where have this car been all its life with only 36,400 miles? Now that's just amazing. So, how many miles is on the Supercharger its self? Don't we all want leather.... wish I had that and a sunroof. Also, I always did like the two-tone for some reason... It just makes the car more unique (Just like the other guy with the black and grey tone now that's hot). Those rims will look good on my car too and the finish is clean. Only thing missing is a TRD Kit.

Oh, Snap! I just realize the OEM Supercharger decal by the intake cone.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:51 am

before you up the boost to 6psi i would recommend getting the rest of the exhaust headers/y pipe.
and a really really good tune.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby twinjetguy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:38 am

DSM_Lara wrote:Clean Camry. Where have this car been all its life with only 36,400 miles? Now that's just amazing. So, how many miles is on the Supercharger its self? Don't we all want leather.... wish I had that and a sunroof. Also, I always did like the two-tone for some reason... It just makes the car more unique (Just like the other guy with the black and grey tone now that's hot). Those rims will look good on my car too and the finish is clean. Only thing missing is a TRD Kit.

Oh, Snap! I just realize the OEM Supercharger decal by the intake cone.

Thanks DSM!

I inherited the car from my mom almost a year ago with only 25K on it! Drove it down from WA state towing a U-haul trailer (did you all notice the tow hitch???). You can't really see it in the pics, but it does have the sunroof and traction control (I don't like it). Greg was pointed out that my car had some features that most don't but they were pretty small. To be honest, when I got the car, I thought to myself "what the F am I doing to do with a Camry???" because I like most of you love modding my sh*t. Then I did some research, found Toyota Nation, this forum, talked with Gabe and talked with Greg...now I am hooked!
twinjetguy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby twinjetguy » Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:41 am

ToyoSolV6 wrote:before you up the boost to 6psi i would recommend getting the rest of the exhaust headers/y pipe.

I really want to swap for headers / y pipe but I just don't feel like dealing with any of the smog issues. The police around here are writing tickets for anything they can so I want to keep it as "legal" as I can. Why can't someone make headers that look like the stock manifold with pre cat?

Greg was telling me that I could get away with the 6lbs of boost without using headers, it just won't be at it's full potential. I'm ok with that, as long as the car is always a bit of a sleeper then it's all good.
twinjetguy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby twinjetguy » Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:42 pm

Ok, just ordered up the front sub frame connector from Ultra Racing, trying to find a place that will sell the rear ones. Saw some for sale on ebay the other day, but it looked like you could only buy them if you bought the rear sway bar with them. If that is the case, then I will probably buy the set and then sell the rear sway bar to someone on here.

Here is the next mods I have planned in order:

1 Ultra Racing Sub Frame connectors
2 Larger Brakes up front
3 SAFC Neo
4 Tranny Cooler
5 6lbs of boost with fuel pump and injectors

Thanks again for all the kind words and all the inspiration you guys are giving me. This sh*t is way too fun! Between my motorcycles, guns, and my Camry, I am surprised I still have money left over to buy food, lol.
twinjetguy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Mon Aug 02, 2010 5:47 pm

twinjetguy wrote:
ToyoSolV6 wrote:before you up the boost to 6psi i would recommend getting the rest of the exhaust headers/y pipe.

I really want to swap for headers / y pipe but I just don't feel like dealing with any of the smog issues. The police around here are writing tickets for anything they can so I want to keep it as "legal" as I can. Why can't someone make headers that look like the stock manifold with pre cat?

Greg was telling me that I could get away with the 6lbs of boost without using headers, it just won't be at it's full potential. I'm ok with that, as long as the car is always a bit of a sleeper then it's all good.

well im running a 3in catback y pipe with no headers at 5.5psi and no problems and im planning on running 6psi with meth with still no headers and see how that goes.
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby twinjetguy » Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:41 pm

ToyoSolV6 wrote:well im running a 3in catback y pipe with no headers at 5.5psi and no problems and im planning on running 6psi with meth with still no headers and see how that goes.

Hey Toyo,

I am pretty sure it was your car that Greg was telling me about. So do your manifolds have the pre-cats also? It sounds like your set up is the one that I want to be running eventually. If you are getting 288hp at the tires with the stock manifolds, that is awesome!
twinjetguy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Wed Aug 04, 2010 6:02 pm

twinjetguy wrote:
ToyoSolV6 wrote:well im running a 3in catback y pipe with no headers at 5.5psi and no problems and im planning on running 6psi with meth with still no headers and see how that goes.

Hey Toyo,

I am pretty sure it was your car that Greg was telling me about. So do your manifolds have the pre-cats also? It sounds like your set up is the one that I want to be running eventually. If you are getting 288hp at the tires with the stock manifolds, that is awesome!

yeah he was prob. talking about my car. Yeah dude those are my numbers with stock manifolds and no cat just a test pipe.

if your planning on doing this your numbers should be about the same. With what i have planned im aiming for 300+ whp in the next few months.
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Postby twinjetguy » Tue Aug 10, 2010 12:56 am

Hey guys,

So I took the G.S.S. (gentlemans sport sedan) on a road trip this weekend from San Diego to San Francisco to Monterey and back home to San Diego. I have to say I am SO STOKED ON THIS CAR! I have it exactly how I wanted it from the beginning. It performed flawlessly! I promise I am not trying to brag, I am just really happy with the results. This is a true "Sports Touring Sedan" now. It was just railing through turns with all the suspension work to it and there wasn't anyone I couldn't pass at any time! (then again I didn't encounter any Lamborghini's or Ferrari's during my travels, lol)

If you have been thinking about doing suspension work to your Camry or Solara, DO IT!!!! It is awesome! Huge sweeping turns can easily be taken at 90-100mph no problem at all. The car was planted solid the whole time. I highly recommend all the suspension bits that I have installed. My Ultra Racing front sub-frame connector arrived today also so that will be installed soon.

Big thanks to all the help from gregtrd and Gabe!
twinjetguy
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Mr_Krispy1183 » Tue Aug 10, 2010 4:35 pm

The front brace is great, I actually kind of miss mine (but then again, I'm on coilovers and the bar would be on the ground now, so maybe not). I still need to get those rear ones and a Whiteline front sway bar.
'01 zenki MCV20 Silverstream Opalescent
Mr_Krispy1183
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

Next

Return to Pictures and Videos