[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Amateur photoshoot of my Solara + Exhaust Vid
Post pictures or videos of your Solara and Camry!

Amateur photoshoot of my Solara + Exhaust Vid

Amateur photoshoot of my Solara + Exhaust Vid

Postby mig0s » Wed Sep 01, 2010 6:42 pm

I decided to create a new thread since there's no actual modifications of my ride. I did the Meguiars Clay Bay yesterday and used Autoglym Resin Polish to finish the body. Took the car to take some pics but I thought my parents camera was better =.=

Anyways, here's pictures of my ride, and at the bottom of the post, you'll see a video of my exhaust sound. Comments are welcomed!

Ctrl+Scroll down to view full image!

Enjoy

Here's a video of my exhaust sound, headers and piping are OEM, muffler is a 2.5" inlet custom made stainless steel, which costs me around 120$ for the muffler and the welding job.
This is with a silencer, you can notice during slow acceleration, there's almost no loud sounds. And beyond 3000rpm, no more muffler sound. You can hear it only during sudden accelerations. That's the effect I wanted since the cops here are no jokes with modified exhaust sounds.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vhTnyuUNAm8
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Amateur photoshoot of my Solara + Exhaust Vid

Postby SleeperSolara » Wed Sep 01, 2010 8:10 pm

Car looks good man.
2000 Solara SE auto V6. Diamond White Pearl.
Top Speed Run finished at 130 mph. :o
Too many modifcations for the signature.
SleeperSolara
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby dilin1984 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 6:28 am

Oh yes Car looks good, but not photos :(
dilin1984
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:12 am

car looks good dude! and sounds good too i like it! :D
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Sep 02, 2010 9:52 am

i like it. sounds a bit weak but looks very clean
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby mig0s » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:29 pm

Thanks guys for the comments! I know the photos suck lol and btw there will be a TLS (Toyota, Lexus, Scion) meet next week in Montreal and I'm sure someone will snap better pictures!

Btw yadda for the sound, I know it's nothing fancy but cops here are really serious about the exhaust. Even some OEM exhausts are often subjects to unfair fines, like my friend's S4. The law in Quebec is as simple as that: You can't modify your exhaust system. Lol.
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:39 pm

haha migos i like your car. i shoulda clarified... the video quality (or maybe just my laptop) sounds weak. i'm trying to go for the same thing on my car... don't want to draw attention, and don't want it blapblapblaping around the parking lot either like the hondas and acuras around town. I have a cp-e intake and a trd exhaust that I would describe similarly: a soft purr at low rpms, loud at WOT, and basically unnoticeable when highway cruising. keep at it. :up:
l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Thu Sep 02, 2010 4:40 pm

sorry to double post... what's up with that rear drop?? you bout the throw some bricks or a body in there or what? :-D
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Pictures and Videos