[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Custom Sub Box / Amp for trunk
Auto Flea Market.

Custom Sub Box / Amp for trunk

Custom Sub Box / Amp for trunk

Postby jpaxinos » Mon Jan 24, 2011 10:21 pm

Hey everyone,

I used to be on this forum and I forgot my log in, but I have sold my solara last year. I had a 2001 SLE and I had done a lot off audio upgrades to it. What I have is a custom trunk enclosure that will hold a 12" sub in a fiberglass box, an amp mount, and panels that cover the entire trunk. There are two access panels, one for the sub and one for the amps. I had two xtant amps (a 603x and 604x) which are large amplifiers. There was room under the amp mounts for crossovers and two capacitors also from my setup. This thing just screws together and was fairly easy to put in and take out. The only downside is it takes the place of your spare tire. This was custom fit for my solara so unfortunately, or fortunately for you guys, will only fit in a gen 1 solara. Once installed, you will have your entire trunk back, except it is raised a few inches from your standard trunk cover. I found it a lot nicer than having a box blocking the seats or off to one side of the trunk. Also, nobody could tell that I had anything in the trunk which had a nice sleeper effect to it. When I used to tell people I had a system and they should see the trunk, when they saw nothing they thought I was an idiot until I removed the panels. The two panels, amps and sub, can be removed for show or for doing some minor tweaks to your stereo.

I have been holding onto this for some reason, and have decided that I should sell it so someone else can benefit from this clean looking setup. I was always a fan of this site and figured it would be the best place for it. I am not sure what to ask for it, I paid a lot of money for it a few years ago so I was going to let you guys let me know what you think it's worth. I don't really want to ship it, there are 4 panels, the fiberglass sub box, and the amplifier mount. I will ship, but will have to get back to you on the price.

I have pictures, but I don't know how to add them. I am looking for my pictures of when I had it installed, but it was a few computers ago and have to search some external hard drives. If someone could help me out with posting pictures I will post them.

Please let me know if anyone is interested and we can try to work something out.
jpaxinos
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Custom Sub Box / Amp for trunk

Postby hari-bhari » Sun Feb 06, 2011 1:20 pm

u can upload pics to imageshack.us
hari-bhari
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby dinoxor » Sun Feb 06, 2011 2:43 pm

yeah pictures would be nice and how much would it cost?
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jpaxinos » Tue Feb 22, 2011 7:35 am

bump
jpaxinos
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Wanted/For Sale