[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Automatic Locks
How to, DIY, and Get 'er done.

Automatic Locks

Automatic Locks

Postby knowoneuno » Sat May 09, 2020 8:46 am

Good Morning,

I hope that I am posting in the correct forum.

I have the automatic locks, when you put the car in reverse or drive, the doors automatically lock, and when you put the car in park, the doors un-lock.

Well I let someone move my car from one location to another, while I was working, and now the door handle isn't working, nor does the automatic locks work when
I put the car in park. It does lock it when I put the car in reverse or drive.

I went to another website and followed the follow instructions, yet, when I go through the steps, my dome light is not flashing at all, which according to these steps, should be flashing.

How can I re-program the locks so that when I put it in park, the door locks automatically unlock on the passenger side?

Here are the steps I used.

Switching between modes

Now that you know what your options are, how do you change from one to another? Here are the six steps:

1. Look at the control knob for the dome light. Change the position to “Door.”

2. Make sure all the doors are shut and that your shift lever is set to “Park.”

3. Put the key in the ignition, and turn it so it is set to “On.”

4. Once you are in the “On” position, and before 5 seconds has passed, push down the door lock switch on the driver’s side, keeping it down for 5 seconds.

5. The number of flashes that come from the dome light will tell you the mode to which the automatic locking system is currently set. One flash tells you that you are in mode 1, while two, three, and four flashes signal that you are in modes 2-4, respectively.

6. Push the switch to change to a different mode. It will flash to let you know the new mode. Keep pushing the switch until you get to the one you want.
knowoneuno
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Tutorials