[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Plasti dip?
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Plasti dip?

Plasti dip?

Postby 99lara » Thu Apr 11, 2013 8:06 am

Ive been thinking about plasti dipping my stock 99 solara wheels white. Has anybody ever done this before or have any idea how it will look? BTW these are just my winter wheels lol. Thanks guys :D
Blue HIDs, Yellow fogs, Full custom exaust into Skunk 2 muffler and custom towhooks(:
99lara
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Plasti dip?

Postby ThatVietGuy » Thu Apr 11, 2013 10:10 am

ThatVietGuy
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 00lara5127 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 12:22 pm

I am looking to do this to my winter wheels also, and my emblems/headlight housing. Do you guys just use the normal plasti dip? or is there a specific car kind you get?
2000 SE 5-speed manual V6
00lara5127
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby shotgun » Wed May 08, 2013 1:53 pm

Ok so I plastidipped my 2000 sc roof, tail lights, trunk, and hood black and it holds up great, I would stay away form the headlight housing due to the extreme heat, go to home depo and buy the semigloss bbq grille paint that withstands up to 2000•, just use light coats of plastidip and keep around 10 inches of distance between the can and the car to ensure that you don't overcoat and get runs. And stay away from the tail light until you look up you states laws on them. But it should be perfect on the wheels! :)
shotgun
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades