[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Custom Interior
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Custom Interior

Custom Interior

Postby sean0leary » Mon Mar 18, 2013 3:42 pm

Ordered some carbon fiber wrap off amazon a while back. I wrapped it around the "wood" trim on my interior and the ashtray.
Bought some polished aluminum interior paint at advanced to go with. I painted the control panels on the doors, the door handles, the ring around the tweeters, and the plastic "O" that is behind the steering wheel and in front of the speedometer.

2000 Solara SLE V6
WeaponR Dragon Intake
Throttle Body spacer
Injen Muffler
HID Headlights&Fogs
Tein S Tech springs
KYB Shocks
sean0leary
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Custom Interior

Postby Solarasian » Tue Mar 19, 2013 1:28 am

looks good man! keep them coming =D
Auto SLE V6
6000k VVME Bi-Xenon
GReddy SP2 catback
injen SRI is2030p
Kaminari Lip Kit(stand by)
Tokico hp Struts
Tein S Tech
Solarasian
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby crankine3 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 8:00 am

sean0leary wrote:Bought some polished aluminum interior paint at advanced to go with. I painted the control panels on the doors, the door handles, the ring around the tweeters, and the plastic "O" that is behind the steering wheel and in front of the speedometer.

Have you ever compared how the aluminum paint look compares to the aluminum sticker wrap?
crankine3
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby sean0leary » Tue Mar 19, 2013 9:49 am

No i have not. I do recommend using a clear coat though.. I did not, & my 3 coats weren't enough to stop my keys from bouncing around and scratching it up real nice. Only thing I regret is not waiting til it's warm to paint, and if I were to redo the carbon fiber wrap, I would use a heat gun to get it to stick better.
2000 Solara SLE V6
WeaponR Dragon Intake
Throttle Body spacer
Injen Muffler
HID Headlights&Fogs
Tein S Tech springs
KYB Shocks
sean0leary
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby crankine3 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 2:31 pm

I need to get rid of that horrible fake wood too as I eventually move to black and tan interior. But I might try to do the plastic panel bits the same as the fake wood trim. Not sure if I'll wrap it or paint it. But thanks for the photos, it helps to see. And it looks good.
crankine3
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby sean0leary » Tue Mar 19, 2013 5:29 pm

Yea the fake wood trim was starting to fade and was obvious that it was cheap plastic. Be careful while pulling the wooden trim off of the doors, you'll have to break the "clips" holding it in. Which means you'll have to glue/epoxy it back in. The wood trim on the dash in front of the passenger seat and to the left of the steering wheel come out no problem. Start at the door and pry upward toward the center of the car. You will not need to glue/epoxy these back in.
2000 Solara SLE V6
WeaponR Dragon Intake
Throttle Body spacer
Injen Muffler
HID Headlights&Fogs
Tein S Tech springs
KYB Shocks
sean0leary
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Solarasian » Tue Mar 19, 2013 11:46 pm

did you sand it down? that should help it stick on better. and primer usually helps too
Auto SLE V6
6000k VVME Bi-Xenon
GReddy SP2 catback
injen SRI is2030p
Kaminari Lip Kit(stand by)
Tokico hp Struts
Tein S Tech
Solarasian
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby sean0leary » Wed Mar 20, 2013 5:38 am

No I didn't do either.. but I'll most likely re-paint it all at some point and use one of those two methods.
2000 Solara SLE V6
WeaponR Dragon Intake
Throttle Body spacer
Injen Muffler
HID Headlights&Fogs
Tein S Tech springs
KYB Shocks
sean0leary
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades