[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Engine paint question
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Engine paint question

Engine paint question

Postby 00lara5127 » Fri Feb 22, 2013 10:25 pm

Hey guys. I was looking for a little something to spruce up my engine bay. I am running a red and black theme throughout my car, would it hurt to paint the black caps and covers and what not red? I have a can of red rustoleum paint that i was going to use. I'm not planning on painting anything important, just various caps and the big black thing in the middle that says cam on it. (excuse my lack of terms). Just wondering if anyone did anything like this and if it will work. Thanks!
2000 SE 5-speed manual V6
00lara5127
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Engine paint question

Postby Smaay » Wed Mar 06, 2013 1:47 pm

i would use high temp paint. plain Rustoleum with flake after time.
1990 Celica All-Trac 3S-GTE
1997 Celica GT 1MZ/3MZ hybrid
1997 Supra 2JZ-GTE
2001 Celica GT-S 2ZZ-GTE
1998 Dodge Ram Cummins Turbo Diesel

Thats alot of BOOST!!!!
Smaay
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Engine paint question

Postby 00lara5127 » Thu Mar 07, 2013 5:32 pm

yeah i think that is what i am going to go with. Thanks!
2000 SE 5-speed manual V6
00lara5127
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades