[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Exhaust help
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Exhaust help

Exhaust help

Postby Will_treaty15 » Sat Aug 25, 2012 5:49 am

Hi guys, i just recently bought myself my first 2000 Solara SLE V6. I am not looking to treat it like a sports car, nor do i want to deck it out too much. However i would enjoy the tuner sound via exhaust, if anybody has a recommendation for an exhaust system that isn't loud, but still gives me the desired tuner sound, please let me know. Thanks
Will_treaty15
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Exhaust help

Postby DSM_Lara » Sat Aug 25, 2012 11:16 am

TRD Muffler... But they are discontinued so just keep looking around.
1999 Toyota Solara SE V6 (TRD Edition) Rare Greddy EvoII/CP-E Intake/Renova Grill/Black Housing Front/OEM Hood Deflector :kp: :spam3: :spam1:Musubi
DSM_Lara
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby NRDriver » Mon Sep 03, 2012 2:20 am

makes me sad that no one hangs here anymore. all newbies. but i guess us oldies know everything the is to know
00 Solara,SEV6,ASA JH8, hks ignition, JET chip, greddy evo,TSW short shifter,carbon dash,TRD kit, Weapon r SR w/ CA ext, DATSrpipe, TRD springs/struts
NRDriver
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby 1gSE » Mon Sep 03, 2012 5:16 am

I don't know what the "desired tuner sound" is, but shortly after I got my car, I went to a muffler shop and got the stock muffler cut off, a dynomax turbo muffler welded in place with the stock tip for about $60. It sounded exactly like the TRD/Borla piece.

I have an axle-back/ muffler delete that I bought from Mole a few years ago that will bolt right up....pm me if you're interested
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Will_treaty15 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 4:50 pm

I figured out how to get that sound, upon looking under the car I found the "cat", then a resonator, then my muffler. All I did was cut off the muffler and put a pipe to extend to the end of the car and it sounds great. I get compliments all the time about it, it isn't too loud, but has that tuner sound I was looking for... I would recommend this to anyone who is looking for a tuner sound.
Will_treaty15
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades