[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Dipping the Solara
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Dipping the Solara

Re: Dipping the Solara

Postby 00lara5127 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 10:35 am

SteveSolara wrote:For a second I thought you were gonna dip the Whole Car LOL

Plasti dip is pretty amazing stuff. I did my wheels, interior "wood" trim, Definitely black out the headlight housing, But yeah its a great idea for a budget look, but I really didn't find the need for plasti dip anymore after i de badged and got aftermarket rims and such

I see you said you dipped your "wood" trim. Im looking to do that. How did you go about removing and putting the trim back on after you dipped it?
2000 SE 5-speed manual V6
00lara5127
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Bostonlara » Wed Aug 14, 2013 12:30 pm

00lara5127 wrote:
SteveSolara wrote:For a second I thought you were gonna dip the Whole Car LOL

Plasti dip is pretty amazing stuff. I did my wheels, interior "wood" trim, Definitely black out the headlight housing, But yeah its a great idea for a budget look, but I really didn't find the need for plasti dip anymore after i de badged and got aftermarket rims and such

I see you said you dipped your "wood" trim. Im looking to do that. How did you go about removing and putting the trim back on after you dipped it?

I pryed them off. Some pieces clip in like to the left of steering wheel. Others seem like there are plastic tabs that were melted onto the door. Hence prying them off. Just be careful and go real slow
building a 5.5psi S/C 3MZ 5spd with Meth, 305cc injectors, lite weight crank pulley, Apexi Neo, full exhaust & ypipe, CAI, TB spacer, knock upgrade, jims fuel upgrade, walbro 255, and much much much much more
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 00lara5127 » Wed Aug 14, 2013 5:59 pm

okay cool. Then for the ones that didnt clip back in, did you glue them?
00lara5127
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby Bostonlara » Wed Aug 14, 2013 9:17 pm

Exactly. Hot glue should work
building a 5.5psi S/C 3MZ 5spd with Meth, 305cc injectors, lite weight crank pulley, Apexi Neo, full exhaust & ypipe, CAI, TB spacer, knock upgrade, jims fuel upgrade, walbro 255, and much much much much more
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby 00lara5127 » Thu Aug 15, 2013 8:34 am

alright awesome. Thanks a ton!
00lara5127
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby ronb » Sat Aug 17, 2013 9:08 am

Any pictures of results for those who have dipped?
ronb
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby wkbrdr91 » Thu Sep 12, 2013 10:33 am

Yes, I have. Grill, emblems, eyelids.

My friends Speed3 when he had green dipped wheels

Threw his rims on my car for the hell of it

2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Previous

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades