[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Newer Project
All about aftermarket Toyota Solara upgrades

Newer Project

Newer Project

Postby 47TH_Ronin » Fri Feb 25, 2011 4:34 pm

First off...I know its not a Solara...just letting my fellow TX peoples and other SG members that have kept up with my lara for the time that I had her..know what I'm working on now.
The ride: 1998 WS6 TA
Mods at time of aquiring car (2009): 5.7L swaped with an LQ9 (Cadi Escalade) 6.0L. VoodooLutani 113LSA Cam. Forged internals.

Mods as of Dec 2010 : 6.0 LQ9 (i think its like 365cu I think) stroked to 418cu. Fully forged Internals. Custom grind cam. All supporting components i.e fuel rails, injectors, ignition, fuel pump, oil pump..you know...all the little stuff. D1SC ProCharger (chrome polished kit) minimum 7 psi maximum 20psi. New built 480LE tranny out of a vette. 4000 stahl. Built and reinforced 10 bolt rear end. Dyno numbers running 658rwhp w/ 600TQ with medium boost on a mustang dyno. Still have some work to do. About 16,000 invested right now..including the 500 bucks I paid for the car (divorce gone bad and I was at the right place right time baby) I still need a full exhaust done, I want to run oval piping, but it costs more, with electric cutouts. Upgrade to brembo brakes. Full to semi full race suspension. Then have some little odds and ends fixed..like I broke the shaft for the ac...left it on at the track one night, took off and that was the end of the ac, have a small power steering leak, and powdercoat the rims black. After all said and done, looking at a total of about 25,000....should be at or slightly over 700HP at the rear. The interior is about a 7.5 to 8 of 10. Piant about 8 of 10. I plan of having it repainted and some custom interior work done...but I want to get that 10second 1/4 mark first. Before all the work was done she was good for 12 flats on street slicks and all seats. 11.6's with no pas. seat, taller slicks and skinnies on the front.

My wife has a new 2011 Camry...4cyclinder sport w/6speed auto, but she has it all girlatized, so I'm leaving that one alone. It's a nice car, but I miss the lara more. I may turn eyes to the 08 Tundra since that's mine now that she has the car. I see soo much potential in that 5.7L muhahaha. Anyways guys...everyone be safe, I'll be poppin in and out from time to time..maybe put my 2cents in now and then...got a lot of experience in diggin in the guts of the 2.5 gen lol.

"WILL POWER...IS NO MATCH FOR HORSE POWER"
47TH_Ronin
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: Newer Project

Postby DriDed » Fri Feb 25, 2011 5:05 pm

I looked around craiglist for one of these babies before, you found a hot one.
2004 Toyota Solara SE (2az-fe) automatic
+TRD front strut brace
+TRD rear sway bar
+Injen Short ram intake
+Pioneer DEH 2200 UB headunit
DriDed
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby GzNutz » Fri Feb 25, 2011 7:07 pm

That's one badass ride. I love the license plate too!

But where's the pics of the bay?
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby 1gSE » Sat Feb 26, 2011 3:04 am

T top WS6.....i hate you :P nice ride!
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby yaddadaimsayin » Sat Feb 26, 2011 11:53 am

l CP-e Intake l TRD Lowered/Exhaust/RSB l 20/5 Tints l Custom Grille l Alpine HU l Rocksford Amp l 2 10" JBL Subs l 6000k HID l Smoked 2.5 Tails l Satisfied Driver l
yaddadaimsayin
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Aftermarket Upgrades