[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - AC slows down when put on recirculate (opposite of usual)
Stock talk about Solara

AC slows down when put on recirculate (opposite of usual)

AC slows down when put on recirculate (opposite of usual)

Postby wkbrdr91 » Thu Oct 03, 2013 10:10 am

A couple weeks ago I turned on recirculate (as I almost always have it on because a black car in Florida which is typically 100+ degrees gets pretty hot and requires it. When I turned it on it blew harder as usual (than bringing in fresh air) then drastically slowed down as if something got sucked down the piping and blocked it. It does this everytime now, always a delay.

Any ideas on how to solve this? I can only assume a piece of paper is being sucked around in the tubing but I am not sure where exactly I should be looking.
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: AC slows down when put on recirculate (opposite of usual

Postby wkbrdr91 » Sun Oct 06, 2013 4:11 pm

Just wanted to let you guys know the problem went away on its own. I have no idea what was causing it. It did this a few weeks ago and I haven't tried recirculate since, tried it a few hours after posting this and it works just like new.

Guess all I had to do was ask and the problem goes away
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: AC slows down when put on recirculate (opposite of usual

Postby dinoxor » Mon Oct 07, 2013 1:05 am

The power of Toyota's self repairing technology
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Toyota Solara OEM