[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - ABS Sensor Question
Stock talk about Solara

ABS Sensor Question

ABS Sensor Question

Postby Solorange » Thu May 02, 2013 6:19 pm

My ABS light is on and I checked the code per my Chiltons manual. I have code 35 which means "open circuit - right front speed sensor or circuit". It says to check the speed sensor, wire harness and electrical connector. I did a visual inspection and everything looked good, but I understand the wire could be broken inside the insulation.

Now code 31 states sensor signal problem - right front wheel" and it says to check the speed sensor, sensor rotors, wire harness and connector of the speed sensor. This is essentially the same thing as code 35. Other than the sensor rotor being an issue, what is the difference?

I let the ABS issue go for about a year and I noticed a little trick to get it to work. When I start my car the light comes on every time. But if I turn the car off and start it within a short period of turning it off from the first time (like within 5 mins) the light will go out. Once the light goes out on very rare occasions it will come back on during driving, but never right away. This past winter with snow on the road I performed a test to see if the ABS system works after I trick it by making the light go off. I hit the brakes hard to make my car slide in the snow and the ABS system did work when I tricked it. I also tested the ABS system in the snow with the light on and the car defiantly slides, so I learned even if one sensor is malfunctioned it disables the whole ABS system.

Other than wondering what the difference is between code 31 and 35, my main question is, has anybody else experienced this issue and what was the fix? I think I just have to replace the sensor, but Im going to be pissed if I spend $200 on a new sensor and its something like the ABS ECU or Actuator going bad since the system will work if I trick it.

Here is the ABS diagram. I would be replacing item 10 which is part number 89542-07010 for the front right side.

1999 Toyota Solara SEV6 5speed
2009 Toyota Highlander Sport
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Solorange
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: ABS Sensor Question

Postby Solorange » Tue May 07, 2013 7:19 am

I think this forum is now dead. No one posts much anymore. Makes sense since Toyota killed off the Solara.
1999 Toyota Solara SEV6 5speed
2009 Toyota Highlander Sport
2005 Jeep Wrangler Rubicon
Solorange
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Re: ABS Sensor Question

Postby dinoxor » Tue May 07, 2013 7:29 am

yeah D:
you might want to check Toyota Nation
dinoxor
SolaraGuy Driver