[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - In need of new tires soon, suggestions?
Stock talk about Solara

In need of new tires soon, suggestions?

In need of new tires soon, suggestions?

Postby wkbrdr91 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 12:48 pm

I need new tires soon. Any recommendations? 235/45/18 Looking at BFGoodrich g-Force Sport COMP-2 right now. I love the tires I have, but they were so expensive (over a grand for all 4). I have about 5k-10k miles to decide.

Edit: My Solara does not know what snow is. It has never been anywhere near anything like snow unless you count the ONE time since 2006 I had some "ice" on the exterior of the car early in the morning. So I can rock summer tires year round.

Picture of worst day of winter the Solara has ever seen...

2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: In need of new tires soon, suggestions?

Postby Solarizona » Mon Jan 21, 2013 4:48 pm

I'm getting ready to buy new tires soon as well. My current tires are Continental ExtremeContact DW and are easily the best tires I have bought. They grip awesome (not the best but honestly don't need anything crazy for daily driver) and are the smoothest and quietest sport tire I've bought. Nearly as good as the Michelin Pilot Sport PS2 for much cheaper. By the time I replace them they'll probably have 40k miles. Even with low tread they're still very smooth and quiet. I'm considering the Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetric All-Season as a replacement since they are rated nearly the same but have a much better tread warranty. Let us know what you get.
TRD Bodykit, Eibach, Tokico, BBS, OBX headers/y-pipe, Custom 2.5" Magnaflow/Dynomax, PowerStop, Goodridge, AFE.
Solarizona
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby wkbrdr91 » Mon Jan 21, 2013 5:22 pm

I was looking at a newer version of yours I believe. Right now I have Michelin Pilot Sport A/S Plus and love them. They will last me 45k miles.

I'm considering these but worried about traction with them

http://www.discounttiredirect.com/direc ... lse&cs=235
2006 Solara Sport
TRD RSB, lip kit, 2 12" Sony sub's, Injen SRI, 18" BBS rims, Tein springs, TRD struts, 5% tint, neons, 5 air horns, 55W low & fog HID's.
wkbrdr91
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Tue Jan 22, 2013 8:15 pm

I've had potenza 050 and 760's. Grip is amazing but they are hella noisy. I wouldn't recommend for temps lower than 70F.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Toyota Solara OEM