[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2004 Solara Dashboard Cracks
Stock talk about Solara

2004 Solara Dashboard Cracks

2004 Solara Dashboard Cracks

Postby monivt » Fri Apr 22, 2011 6:52 pm

I have a 2004 Toyota Solara with about 112,000. I noticed a couple of months ago cracks appearing on the dashboard. The vehicle is very well taken care of, and windshield cover used to protect from the heat/sun. I searched google and found out this is a common problem with this year solara and several other toyota vehicles. Does anyone know if toyota has a TSB for this issue or an open investigation? I attached the url to the website and it seems other individuals have had this issue resolved by toyota.

http://repairpal.com/dashboard-cracks-a ... ve-box-345
monivt
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: 2004 Solara Dashboard Cracks

Postby jimmm » Mon Apr 25, 2011 2:56 pm

Thanks for posting this, monivt. This is news to me, but it looks like very valuable information. I have a horizontal hairline crack on the dashcover just to the right of the ignition key which I'd never noticed until one day when it seemed to have appeared out of nowhere. I could not imagine it having been there before, but from the driver's perspective, it's blocked by the steering wheel. It's very faint and I feel that if I tried to fix it, it would become more noticeable. The rest of the dash is in perfect condition. My 2004 has 98,761 thousand miles, I am the second owner for two years, and I keep it in the garage and use sunshades also.

Uploaded with ImageShack.us
2004 SLE V6 3.3 Desert Sand Mica
jimmm
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby jimmm » Mon Jan 19, 2015 10:14 am

Great news for melting/cracking dashboards in 2004-2008 Toyota Solaras and other models. I just received my letter Friday and it told me to wait for the second letter to arrive before taking my car to the dealer to have the dashboard replaced free of charge.
http://www.click2houston.com/news/money ... s/30486462
2004 SLE V6 3.3 Desert Sand Mica
jimmm
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Tue Jan 20, 2015 5:21 pm

Wow. I'm surprised they're going that far and replacing the dash. That's pretty cool.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Return to Toyota Solara OEM