[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - HELP: OBD Code: P0171 running out of ideas
Stock talk about Solara

HELP: OBD Code: P0171 running out of ideas

HELP: OBD Code: P0171 running out of ideas

Postby LatinDragonXJC » Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:55 pm

OBD II P0171 Fuel System Too Lean (Bank 1)

Lean Mixture = Too much air, not enough fuel

It seems fairly common on this board through my searches, but it also very common on boosted rides. Mine is not. :-?

I did have a INJEN SRI in there, I took it out today (reinstalled the OEM). Cleared the codes, started driving, and of course it came back. :(

According to my Googling, a common misdiagnosis is "change your 02 sensors". I got my 02 sensors changed when I bought the car by the Toyota dealership, about 5 years ago.

Here's a summary what I've done:
*Cleaned the MAF with MAF cleaner
*Reinstalled OEM Intake

Any other ideas? My next step is to get some fuel injector cleaner (which I usually avoid). :oops:
LatinDragonXJC
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Location: Chilltown,Jersey City, New Jersey, United States, North America, Earth, Galaxy, Aliens Belly Button

Re: HELP: OBD Code: P0171 running out of ideas

Postby LatinDragonXJC » Wed Sep 01, 2010 7:30 am

Thanks for all your input SG :D I'll just write the results for any future searches.

It was my Brake booster, that was causing a vacuum leak.

The first shop I went to, told me it would be $650 ($325 for BB + $325 for Labor) to swap it out, :o . For 8 bolts?!

Next shop said it would be $180 bucks if I find the part myself and he couldn't do it that day (I needed it same day for vehicle inspection)

I finally used a hook up at a wholesale parts store (Buy Wise) and got the Brake Booster for $228.

Went to my father's mechanic, he said he'll install it for a $100 and get it done before the end of the day. No more hissing, no CEL yet.

Now it's time to sell my Lara, part-out thread coming soon. :lol:

Pictures coming soon:
Injen SRI
VVME HID kit for headlights and fog lights
(possibly) Greddy Evo II
LatinDragonXJC
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Location: Chilltown,Jersey City, New Jersey, United States, North America, Earth, Galaxy, Aliens Belly Button

Return to Toyota Solara OEM