[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Seeking option to go 6 PSI with my S/C Camry
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Seeking option to go 6 PSI with my S/C Camry

Seeking option to go 6 PSI with my S/C Camry

Postby John Su » Wed Apr 10, 2013 5:03 pm

YEAR:
Hi all here is my 05 Camry in Australia , now I am Seeing option to upgrade mods to go 6 Psi. please give me some recommendations for parts and web links where to buy tips that will be great :D !
what am I having @the moment is :

ENGINE :
3.0 V6 Auto 1mz-fe
TRD Supercharger @ 4PSi
APEXi S-AFC II installed

EXHAUST:
OBX header + high flow CAT+ X Force Varex Muffler
Air intake -Injen SAI
* My car original come with a transmission cooler :D

SUSPENSION & HANDLING:
KYB EX-G *4 + King Lower Springs
White Line Sway Bar

WHEELS TYRES & BRAKES
Good Year DV F1 245/45/18
Twin Piston brake caliper + 320mm Rotor

Org Sportivo clutch , Fuel pump , I have a in tank fuel filter
Any help here will be thanked :D
Last edited by John Su on Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:15 pm, edited 1 time in total.
John Su
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Seeking option to go 6 PSI with my S/C Camry

Postby 1gSE » Fri Apr 12, 2013 3:17 am

Judging by your mod list, I'd say the only thing you would need are injectors (re-manufactured oem 2JZ-GE), fuel pump (a 190lph walbro) and maybe a transmission cooler. Do you have a wide band O2 sensor because you'll definitely need it?
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Fri Apr 12, 2013 1:58 pm

1gSE wrote:Judging by your mod list, I'd say the only thing you would need are injectors (re-manufactured oem 2JZ-GE), fuel pump (a 190lph walbro) and maybe a transmission cooler. Do you have a wide band O2 sensor because you'll definitely need it?

Dont forget a meth kit too
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby 1gSE » Fri Apr 12, 2013 2:11 pm

I honestly believe 315s and a 190 would be more than enough (I've seen as rich as 9.5 on my wide band but I have a 255 walbro) so there's plenty of fuel. I'm not bashing meth kits, hell I run one, but for cooling only. Ditching the SAFC2 for something that will allow control of ignition advance will let him get the full potential of meth.
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby John Su » Fri Apr 12, 2013 8:40 pm

ToyoSolV6 wrote:
1gSE wrote:Judging by your mod list, I'd say the only thing you would need are injectors (re-manufactured oem 2JZ-GE), fuel pump (a 190lph walbro) and maybe a transmission cooler. Do you have a wide band O2 sensor because you'll definitely need it?

Dont forget a meth kit too

Great Great Great help here ~ :D I will plan to mod about the injectors and fuel pump ! Yes my ride does have a transmission cooler . I don't have wide band o2 sensor, do you have any links for that products ? i will think about a meth kit too :D Question about my Sportivo clutch , do you guys think it will be OK for the upgrade ? As the pic show above i did block the EGR, the result is my engine lights is on , checked already it is the EGR thing! Do you have any ideas to turn the lights off ? :)

Thanks
John
John Su
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Bostonlara » Sat Apr 13, 2013 9:17 am

10k ohm resistor for the egr. Clutch should be ok if it's a upgraded one
building a 5.5psi S/C 3MZ 5spd with Meth, 305cc injectors, lite weight crank pulley, Apexi Neo, full exhaust & ypipe, CAI, TB spacer, knock upgrade, jims fuel upgrade, walbro 255, and much much much much more
Bostonlara
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SolaraPete » Sun Apr 14, 2013 7:34 pm

The resistor trick has been pretty well discussed on here and it doesnt work as far as shutting off the CEL. The problem is that the ECU needs to see several different resistances during a run cycle, so one resistor value doesnt solve the problem. Ive personally tried it as well as sev others - you either need to live with the CEL light on, take out the bulb, or put the egr back in.
'99 S/C'd 5spd: 6psi-KYB/Intrax-Kaminari-Renova- 2.5in w/TRD muffler-full Injen CAI w/crisp-mongo filter-Walbro 190-305cc-Jim's fuel-torque rod-8mm Magnecore-EGR delete-ACT 6-puck-AEM wideband-SAFC2-Supra/ES300 F+R brake conversion
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby trentmeyer23 » Mon Apr 15, 2013 1:50 am

What clutch? It's an auto...
trentmeyer23
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby SolaraPete » Fri Apr 19, 2013 7:41 pm

Must be a super rare model with the 'clutch pedal delete' option package.....

:drinking:
'99 S/C'd 5spd: 6psi-KYB/Intrax-Kaminari-Renova- 2.5in w/TRD muffler-full Injen CAI w/crisp-mongo filter-Walbro 190-305cc-Jim's fuel-torque rod-8mm Magnecore-EGR delete-ACT 6-puck-AEM wideband-SAFC2-Supra/ES300 F+R brake conversion
SolaraPete
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Toyota Camry