[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Gas mileage
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Gas mileage

Gas mileage

Postby roachcreek » Wed Aug 01, 2012 8:17 am

I always test two things on a car, 1/4 mile speed and gas mileage.

I recently got a 06 Solara SE Sport, and it does get the required 90 something in the 1/4 mile, so I was good to go for power.

I have burned three tanks of gas so far, one on the freeway and around town, which was 27 MPG,a nd then one mostly around town which was 24 MPG.

Three days ago I crossed the cascade mountains to visit my daughter and the next day drove three hours down I-5. I drove until the dispaly read 0 on range and about 10 miles further and stoped off at a Chevron station and filled it up.

I got 31 MPG for a total of 470 miles and still had 3.5 gallons left.

I almost always use the cruise control while driving and I set it exactly on the posted speed limit so for half the tank going over the mountains I was doing 55 and the other half on the freeway I was cruising at 65.

I love this car!

Regards,

Roachcreek

roachcreek
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Gas mileage

Postby GzNutz » Wed Aug 01, 2012 5:22 pm

That's a pretty healthy mpg with the v6.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby sle-pur » Wed Aug 01, 2012 9:16 pm

Very healthy I drive mine to and from work mostly. Around 9 miles city and 5hwy avg 27.5mpg ac blowing and typically 75 plus degrees out in humid nw Florida. Just ordered my injen Sri so I will post mpg gains after im done flooring it. Lol. Next mod will be cutting the stock muffler out and welding in a high flowing magnaflow, single unit that is muffler and tip assembly, see how that goes then I found the NST brand under drive pulleys from the scion work on my 2az 2.4l so that'll be another 320$ invested into better mpg and hopefully next year new shoes and install my TRD springs
sle-pur
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby roachcreek » Sun Sep 23, 2012 9:21 am

It is actually better than that.

My speedometer is off by 10%. On a recent trip I timed it on mile posts for a couple hundred miles and have since tested it a couple more times. As a result, I need to times my odometer reading by 1.1 each time.

It also means I need to change out that timing belt a few months earlier than expected and that my car acutually has more miles on it than I thought.

I suppose this is due to the larger wheels on the Sport?
roachcreek
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Camry