[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2002 Camry SE
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

2002 Camry SE

2002 Camry SE

Postby Bippusol » Tue Nov 29, 2011 1:23 am

My family was thinking about purchasing a 2002 Toyota Camry SE from one of my moms coworkers. It has 90xxx miles and the body and interior is in good shape. She's willing to let it go for $1k. But there are some mechanical issues. It's auto, the reverse does not work. It does not drop into gear. She's never had an oil change on the car ever she does not even know what that is -_________- i checked the oil and it was pure black. I just wanted to know if this would be a good pickup or not w/ the issues it has. Few reasons I would love to pick this up is because its a 4 door, 4 doors for more whores. lol. better mpg than my solara & clean body and interior. would it be worth buying and fixing it up? besides a full tune up, I'm wondering how much it would cost to fix the transmisison, can just the gear be fixed or does it need a full rebuild? Thank You :drinking:
01 SE-V6, Stock as Fock (=
Bippusol
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: 2002 Camry SE

Postby 1gSE » Tue Nov 29, 2011 9:41 am

I'd offer her 500 and use it strictly to beat the sh*t out of. Its one thing to go a few hundred or maybe even a thousand or so miles over an oil change....but completely neglecting it. eff that. These are just the problems you KNOW about
GTO-Vararam/Kooks/Spintech/MGW-P/Tune-12.9 @108
Solara-M62 @ 5.5psi
1gSE
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Bippusol » Wed Nov 30, 2011 3:52 am

1gSE wrote:I'd offer her 500 and use it strictly to beat the sh*t out of. Its one thing to go a few hundred or maybe even a thousand or so miles over an oil change....but completely neglecting it. eff that. These are just the problems you KNOW about

tis' is true. thanks for the input man. I want to see the cel and what codes its throwing.. def need to do more observing
01 SE-V6, Stock as Fock (=
Bippusol
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby mig0s » Wed Nov 30, 2011 12:59 pm

wtf $1000 for a 90k miles auto camry with bad trannie and no oil changes? Are you high lol it's worth that price if there's no problems at all. I won't even make an offer. you know that you'll need a new engine and new transmission soon.
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Return to Toyota Camry