[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSK/3.0/no DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - 2000 camry v6 5 speed idle problem
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

2000 camry v6 5 speed idle problem

2000 camry v6 5 speed idle problem

Postby vizzionman » Mon May 02, 2011 10:54 pm

hey im new to this forum. i have a 2000 camry le v6 5 speed with 108k on it. idle issue going on.

mods are:
magnaflow muffler
magnaflow cat
injen short ram intake
OBX headers

issue is starting not even two weeks ago, engine starting idleing bad, drove fine, but idled bad. rpm needle going up and down between 590 to 750 rpms. check engine light came on and said engine misfire and excessive exhaust flow. whats weird is, changed the spark plugs and everything seemed fine again, then a few nights later after seeing fast five i gave it a little too much gas on the way home, and it started up again, then the light came back and it started the bad idle/jugging and shaking car. then the next morning after driving it for a little bit, it went away AGAIN and the light went off. then later the same night i went for a little drive, barely gave it gas and now its starting to idle bad again!!! light hasnt come on yet, but geeze what the heck is going on!
vizzionman
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: 2000 camry v6 5 speed idle problem

Postby Eye8Pussies » Wed May 18, 2011 9:51 pm

check for vacuum leaks!
HaHa

Ripped...and the girls are loving it. ;)
Eye8Pussies
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby mig0s » Thu May 19, 2011 12:16 am

vizzionman wrote:hey im new to this forum. i have a 2000 camry le v6 5 speed with 108k on it. idle issue going on.

mods are:
magnaflow muffler
magnaflow cat
injen short ram intake
OBX headers

issue is starting not even two weeks ago, engine starting idleing bad, drove fine, but idled bad. rpm needle going up and down between 590 to 750 rpms. check engine light came on and said engine misfire and excessive exhaust flow. whats weird is, changed the spark plugs and everything seemed fine again, then a few nights later after seeing fast five i gave it a little too much gas on the way home, and it started up again, then the light came back and it started the bad idle/jugging and shaking car. then the next morning after driving it for a little bit, it went away AGAIN and the light went off. then later the same night i went for a little drive, barely gave it gas and now its starting to idle bad again!!! light hasnt come on yet, but geeze what the heck is going on!

ROFL I did the same thing too, except nothing went wrong with my car haha

Yeah look for leaks, try to clean your MAF and also verify your spark plug wires
1999 V6 5-Speed... so beautiful :' )
Black housing headlights, corner. 55w 6k HID, 2500k fogs, TWM Short Shifter+weighted knob, Tein+KYB, TRD lip kit + Acura CL type-S front lip. TSW Kyalami 18x8. Cutom 2.5" SS free flow muffler.
mig0s
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby GzNutz » Thu May 19, 2011 4:22 pm

Welcome!
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby vizzionman » Wed May 25, 2011 6:02 pm

hey guys, i cleaned out the idle air control valve and everything has been going good for now! thanks for the replies
vizzionman
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby GzNutz » Fri May 27, 2011 7:35 am

Glad to hear you got it resolved.
GzNutz
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Toy1mzfe » Wed Jun 15, 2011 11:50 am

My car just cant hold idle.

How you Clean this idle air control valve?
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Wed Jun 15, 2011 1:04 pm

kevin on the very bottom of the throttle body, there are 2-3 screws that are holding up a little balck box, Remove the screws, the black box will still stick because the piece inside is magentic. That magnetic piece is supposed to move freely during accelaration. At times it gets stuck causing the car to idle weird. Get carb cleaner and spray inside till its clean. Usually you have to get something sharp and pointy and scrape off the carb build up.
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6
Solaraguy's dopest driver

Postby Toy1mzfe » Wed Jun 15, 2011 8:21 pm

dang. i was trying hella hard to get it off and stripped one of the screws.. f-in crap.
Toy1mzfe
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby ToyoSolV6 » Thu Jun 16, 2011 2:28 pm

uh oh, what were you able to do dude? any luck?
One of the few Built Forged Supercharged solaras in so cal
335whp x 344tq.
ToyoSolV6

Return to Toyota Camry