[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Replacing front turn signal bulb on a 99 Camry
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Replacing front turn signal bulb on a 99 Camry

Replacing front turn signal bulb on a 99 Camry

Postby TMMK Toy » Sun Jun 03, 2007 7:22 pm

Ok so my right signal has been blinking fast and thought a bulb was burnt out but they all work. My friend thinks a filament in the front bulb is bad so I was gonna replace the bulb and wondering waht do I need to do to get to it? I see theres one plastic screw that I was able to remove on top of the marker, but dunno if i just need to manhandle the thing to pull it out or if anything else is holding it in
TMMK Toy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby pwizzle » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:26 pm

If you want to get the whole signal housing out, the instructions are all in the manual that came with the car. I think its somewhere toward the end.
"To be is to do" - Plato
"To do is to be" - Sartre
"Do be do be do" - Sinatra
"Scooby Dooby Dooo!!" - Scooby Doo
pwizzle
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Re: Replacing front turn signal bulb on a 99 Camry

Postby Paladin06Greg » Sun Jun 03, 2007 8:37 pm

Remove the one screw and slide it forward.

TMMK Toy wrote:Ok so my right signal has been blinking fast and thought a bulb was burnt out but they all work. My friend thinks a filament in the front bulb is bad so I was gonna replace the bulb and wondering waht do I need to do to get to it? I see theres one plastic screw that I was able to remove on top of the marker, but dunno if i just need to manhandle the thing to pull it out or if anything else is holding it in
Paladin06Greg
Torqued Solara
Torqued Solara

Postby Nodrogkam » Mon Jun 04, 2007 3:39 pm

yep slide it forward. Put your palms on the side where the reflector is and just push in and towards the front of the car. it may require some persuasian....

if it blinks fast, have you tried just hitting the housing?

Although i've never heard of a problem with the right side, the left typically suffers from a sensor error that needs to be replaced...or you just hit the housing everytime it starts blinking fast and that'll solve the issue.
1998 Camry XLE V6
My Car Domain
Nodrogkam
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby TMMK Toy » Mon Jun 04, 2007 7:18 pm

lol. havent tried hitting the housing and will try to coax the housing loose tomorrow if i get time. I just worry about breaking crap, as I tend to have a knack for. Don't know my own strength at times
TMMK Toy
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby Nodrogkam » Fri Jun 08, 2007 2:19 pm

pretty hard to break imo.
1998 Camry XLE V6
My Car Domain
Nodrogkam
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Return to Toyota Camry