[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - short ram? or Cut hole
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

short ram? or Cut hole

short ram? or Cut hole

Postby netherland24 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:42 pm

alright guys i have been reading and herd that short ram intake is just for the noise... and looks. and by cutting the bottom of the air box it will do the same as for noise haha. nothing more.

is this true?

- its for a gen 4 camry
00 SS Lara 277hp
05 DODGE RAM 1500 n/a
netherland24
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Ruski » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:50 pm

i pulled my Res out of my fender but still sounds the same, besides you can hear the hissing noise of the intake, thats all i gained from it
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby netherland24 » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:51 pm

i could care less for sound.. just want too know if any improvements are made?
00 SS Lara 277hp
05 DODGE RAM 1500 n/a
netherland24
SolaraGuy Supporter
SolaraGuy Supporter

Postby Ruski » Tue Mar 20, 2007 9:53 pm

Nope none at all dont even bother
Totaled 9-14-07 NEW 6-6-08 04 Se Sport White
Ruski
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby ASG14 » Wed Mar 21, 2007 12:40 am

^ Ditto

All I did was remove my wothless resonator in the fender. But plan to make a TRUE CAI (forced air from the bumper opening)
ASG14
SolaraGuy Street Racer
SolaraGuy Street Racer

Postby onefiend » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:05 pm

Just get a K&N or TRD drop-in air filter.
2007 Camry SE V6
onefiend
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby Sebas007 » Fri Mar 23, 2007 6:51 pm

Sebas007
SolaraGuy Moderator
SolaraGuy Moderator

short ram

Postby NRDriver » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:09 pm

my stock intake came off all the time when i peeled out. thats why i got the short ram. more sturdy
00 Solara,SEV6,ASA JH8, hks ignition, JET chip, greddy evo,TSW short shifter,carbon dash,TRD kit, Weapon r SR w/ CA ext, DATSrpipe, TRD springs/struts
NRDriver
SolaraGuy Driver
SolaraGuy Driver

Postby crispone » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:13 pm

Yeah... bad memories...

^^^ FILTERLESS VELOCITY STACKS :o

If you look CLOSELY, you will see the OPEN VELOCITY STACKS on this bike. After RUNNING with them for a couple thousand miles... I had to repeat an EXPENSIVE engine rebuild... all for a few horses and KILLER intake HONK! (The bike consumed A BUNCH of God's Creation for those handful of "unadulterated" intake miles... but I won't do it again. This thing breathes COMFORTABLY through K&N stacks now... and is actually less "LIGHT-SWITCH" tempermental between ON and OFF throttle transitions.

DON'T run WITHOUT filtered air! It's JUST like pouring SAND into your engine. :-?

-crisp :evilbat:
crispone
Immitagably Verbose Dude
Immitagably Verbose Dude

Postby DatSRBoi » Fri Mar 23, 2007 7:56 pm

Just keep your stock intake on and remove the resonator and water catch looking box. Not worth spending all that money for like 3-5hp. Rather put that 150bucks plus to gas or a good night out with some friends or even HIDs which does more benefits. I just removed the bottom resonator off my accord. Save me 140 bucks and works just fine if not better then stock.

I went from

To this.

Imagine how less the car has to work and you didnt have to spend any money for a wasted few Hp where youll eventually sell the car anyways.
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby Edmo83 » Sat Mar 31, 2007 1:47 pm

I just thought i'd add, that i got an INJEN CAI, and i feel the difference. but i had much more torque with the SRI basically without the extension.

One more thing i wanted to mention, ive gotten an extra 2mpg on average this month. not too shabby, lol

one drawback is, my cel comes on every so often. i gotta find out whats causing that.

Ed
Edmo83
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Astro » Sat Mar 31, 2007 2:30 pm

If you got the money do the SRI or SRI w/CAI extension. Otherwise, cut the box...

Edmo83 wrote:I just thought i'd add, that i got an INJEN CAI, and i feel the difference. but i had much more torque with the SRI basically without the extension.

One more thing i wanted to mention, ive gotten an extra 2mpg on average this month. not too shabby, lol

one drawback is, my cel comes on every so often. i gotta find out whats causing that.

Ed

What codes are you getting? It could be that your throttle body and/or the MAF sensor needs cleaning.
ImageImage
Lexus lip kit, LED tails, F-Sport Intake, HKS hi-power exhaust, TEIN S-tech springs
Astro
SolaraGuy Professional Racer
SolaraGuy Professional Racer

Return to Toyota Camry