[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Program a keyless entry remote?
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Program a keyless entry remote?

Program a keyless entry remote?

Postby MDKonecky » Sat Apr 02, 2005 4:18 pm

Hello all. Recently I was stupid and lost my keys =(. I still have my car key but I lost the remote for my 98 Camry XLE. A friend of mine gave me his 2001 Solara remote (he had an extra) to get programmed. Is this possible? I talked to a dealer and they want to charge me $150 to replace the remote or $85 to reprogram the Solara one (if it works, one dealer said it would and another said it wouldn't). Any ideas?
MDKonecky
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:06 am

the back of the key fob will have a 10 or so digit code on it...

that code must be the same on the other remotes for it to work... there are a lot of toyota remotes out there that look the same and have a difference FCC# on the back... it won't work.

I can get you the instructions to program it if you find a correct key fob.
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Programming Key Fob

Postby whdean » Sun Apr 03, 2005 6:58 am

I also am in need of key fob programming instructions. I lost the key and remote to my 2005 Solara SLE convertible. A locksmith cut and programmed a new key for me. I have ordered a key fob off of eBay, but it does not come with programming instructions - I have not received it yet, but the identifying numbers are:

FCC ID:GQ43VT20T
IC:1470A-1T
MEX:RLVTR5002-562

Can you help with the instructions?

Thanks,

Bill Dean
whdean@comcast.net
whdean
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Re: Programming Key Fob

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Sun Apr 03, 2005 1:30 pm

whdean wrote:I also am in need of key fob programming instructions. I lost the key and remote to my 2005 Solara SLE convertible. A locksmith cut and programmed a new key for me. I have ordered a key fob off of eBay, but it does not come with programming instructions - I have not received it yet, but the identifying numbers are:

FCC ID:GQ43VT20T
IC:1470A-1T
MEX:RLVTR5002-562

Can you help with the instructions?

Thanks,

Bill Dean
whdean@comcast.net

I'll get it for you Monday night.
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby whdean » Sun Apr 03, 2005 2:29 pm

Thanks ...

I really appreciate it.
whdean
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby DatSRBoi » Sun Apr 03, 2005 3:55 pm

Hey can I get the instructions too? Please? Brother? I have the same one and been sitting in my room for about 3 months now Unprogramed..
[b][color=red]WARNING: MY SIGNATURE MAY CAUSE SEIZURES![/color][/b]
DatSRBoi
Grumpy SolaraGuy
Grumpy SolaraGuy

Postby MDKonecky » Sun Apr 03, 2005 9:13 pm

Jackass-Jeff wrote:the back of the key fob will have a 10 or so digit code on it...

that code must be the same on the other remotes for it to work... there are a lot of toyota remotes out there that look the same and have a difference FCC# on the back... it won't work.

So the remote my friend gave me is useless for me? How do I go about finding the right one?

Thanks, I'd appriciate the instructions.
MDKonecky
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Mon Apr 04, 2005 12:55 pm

MDKonecky wrote:
Jackass-Jeff wrote:the back of the key fob will have a 10 or so digit code on it...

So the remote my friend gave me is useless for me? How do I go about finding the right one?

Thanks, I'd appriciate the instructions.

You'd have to go to the parts dept (or call) of your local dealer and ask him which remote works for you VIN#... they may ask you to come in person and present proof of ownership (smart dealers won't tell you over the phone because you may be using it for illegal activity...)

I tell you what... I'll just upload the PDF files to my website later this week so everyone can take a glance at it.
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby MDKonecky » Mon Apr 04, 2005 2:47 pm

I went to the dealer, and they said its the wrong FCC ID #. I found one with the right number on EBay. (If i win the auction) all I need now is instructions how to program a Gen 4 (1998) Camry. I spent a long time online looking and I could only find 2000-2005 instructions. =/ :fadein:
MDKonecky
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby whdean » Mon Apr 04, 2005 4:29 pm

I clicked on your website button - It wasn't clear to me where to look for a file on your site.

However you are able to make the file available would be appreciated - Just let me know how to get it.

Thanks.
whdean
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Mon Apr 04, 2005 5:36 pm

The file isn't uploaded yet. I'm pretty busy right now at work... I'll probably have it done by tomorrow (Tuesday) night.
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Postby whdean » Thu Apr 07, 2005 7:39 pm

I haven't heard from anyone here yet, but this link for programming a Scion remote worked great for the 2005 Solara remote I listed here earlier in the week.

You can find the instructions at:

http://www.scionlife.com/forums/viewtopic.php?t=16563

Hope this helps ...
whdean
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Jackass-Jeff » Thu Apr 07, 2005 8:04 pm

1998 CAMRY XLE... word per word from the Toyota Repair Manual... sounds confusing lol

1. The wireless door lock ECU and remote control mirror switch are connect to eachother via a PRG terminal, and the GND terminal of the remote control mirror switch connector is grounded to the body. Remove the connector from the remote control mirror switch, which is attached under the wireless door lock ECU, and use a test lead to short the PRG and GND connector together. As a result, the PRG terminal of the wireless door lock ECU will be grounded to body and will cause all transmitter recognition codes previously regustered in the EEPROM to be erased. At the same time, the ECU will respond by operating once the lock and unlock functions of all the doors and the open function again.

2. A transmitter recognition code is registered by pressing any single button of the trasmitter to be registered. Once the code is registered, the ECU responds again by operating once the lock and unlock function of all the doors.

3. To register the recognition code of an additional transmitter, follow the procedure shown in (2).

4. After completing the registration of the codes, remove the test lead from the remote control mirror switch connector terminals to allow the system to revert to the normal operation.

5. Using the registered transmitter, verify that the system operates properly.

---------

New cars are so much easier to program... lol
1GR-FE ftw!
Jackass-Jeff
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer
SolaraGuy Hall of Famer

Return to Toyota Camry