[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - addco front sway bar poll
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

addco front sway bar poll

addco front sway bar poll

Postby gman » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:32 pm

Does anyone out there have an Addco front sb for their gen4 Camry. Any noises...clunks, bumbs etc. I have one uninstalled because when I went to have it installed my shop foreman said he was skeptical to it being just like the factory bar.
Grey Menace
gman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: addco front sway bar poll

Postby CASTRO » Fri Mar 18, 2005 8:51 pm

gman wrote:Does anyone out there have an Addco front sb for their gen4 Camry. Any noises...clunks, bumbs etc. I have one uninstalled because when I went to have it installed my shop foreman said he was skeptical to it being just like the factory bar.

not sore for that brand, but im running the TRD bar and I installed the stock strutbar from a Solara into my gf's 98 Camry with no problems
97 Camry XLE S/C V6 -- 07 "New Formula Red" S2000 -- 07 "Milano Red" Fit Sport
ImageImage
CASTRO
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer
SolaraGuy Semi-Pro Racer

Postby gman » Sat Mar 19, 2005 10:26 am

yea got the trd stb and rear trd sb too....anyone else...Otheres Please respond if you have some feedback, thanks.
Grey Menace
gman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby MentatGom » Sun Mar 20, 2005 2:41 am

Hey,

You will definitely be able to tell a difference. I don't experience any noises, just better handling.
The stock front sway bar is 17mm... where as the Addco is 22.2mm. Just take a look at this pic with the stock front sway bar and my whiteline 24mm:

Here is my rear whiteline 20mm just for fun:

I am actually gona put together a DIY for the front and rear sway bar installs when i get some time that will have the job done in 1hr or less.

Gom
Last edited by MentatGom on Fri Apr 01, 2005 9:56 pm, edited 1 time in total.
MentatGom
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby gman » Sun Mar 20, 2005 6:48 am

Mentatgom- I really appreciate the extra effort. I bought this addco front bar back in Oct and have been putting it off since then when my shop foreman said he was skeptical if it would hit anywhere. I spend a lot of time on the highway and I know it would balance out the car nicely, just didn't want to regret it if everytime I hit a bump it made noise. Because the rear bar I got from Addco DID bang everytime I hit a decent bumb in the road. They tried to take short cuts and take a few of the bends, well it just hit on the gas tank. My shop foreman is very good at the details and said it just couldn't be manipulated to not hit. I finally found out you can use the trd rear for a Solara on the Camry. Many many thanks again to you!!!
Grey Menace
gman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Postby MentatGom » Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:36 pm

Hey,

As promised, here is my DIY guide for removal and installation:
http://www.zer0.info/solaraguy/viewtopic.php?t=15817

Gom
MentatGom
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby Turbosolara » Wed Mar 23, 2005 3:49 am

how much is addco sway bar?
2002 Lexus IS300 5MT
1997 Prelude base, 5MT
Turbosolara
juicy Taiwanese sausage
juicy Taiwanese sausage

Postby gman » Thu Mar 24, 2005 7:53 pm

I bought this one back in October. I think I paid $140 shipped,
Grey Menace
gman
Regular SolaraGuy Member
Regular SolaraGuy Member

Re: addco front sway bar poll

Postby Jai_Jai_Binks » Fri Apr 01, 2005 2:32 pm

CASTRO wrote:I installed the stock strutbar from a Solara into my gf's 98 Camry with no problems

I've got a stock bar sitting and gen4 dude locally wanting to buy it, he wants a pics of the bar on gen4 before purchase...you think you can snap a pic of your g/f's ride and email it to jhbhatia@gmail.com
Thanks...
Jai_Jai_Binks
Desi SolaraGuy
Desi SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Camry