[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: date(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
[phpBB Debug] PHP Notice: in file /viewtopic.php on line 988: getdate(): It is not safe to rely on the system's timezone settings. You are *required* to use the date.timezone setting or the date_default_timezone_set() function. In case you used any of those methods and you are still getting this warning, you most likely misspelled the timezone identifier. We selected 'Europe/Moscow' for 'MSD/4.0/DST' instead
SolaraGuy.com • View topic - Crashed Camry
Everything about the Toyota Camry.

Crashed Camry

Crashed Camry

Postby reyrey127 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:17 pm

I recently got into an accident with my camry. I didn't think it was that bad from the looks of it but the insurance adjuster is telling me that the car is a total loss. I was wondering if anyone could tell me a salvage value for my vehicle. The only thing that was messed up per say was the rear driver side door and the left rear wheel is bent in an awkward position. Everything else is in good condition. I am told that I would only get 5900 for the car but I feel it should be more.

The camry is a stock 1996 camry le i4 with 115,000. The only thing nonstock is the clear corners and hyper whites for the turn signals, headlight and "side corner" light. Those are all in good condition. The car is well maintained by our family mechanic. I don't know what else to say but I just wanted some feedback on what I should do.

I could post pics, but I was looking for feedback from someone in the US. Thanks. I could post pics if anyone is interested in taking this car off my hands for a price higher than 5900. I am sure you guys could use the parts.
reyrey127
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Postby indiglosolara » Fri Jan 21, 2005 6:59 pm

what they usaully do is go by fair market value. When my gf crashed her accord she went and got autotraders, news papers article and stuff like that and foudn the exact car and showed them how much the car was going for and faxed it over to the insurance company to show them how much her car is worth. Of course looking at the extact model she had. she found a bunch and sent it over. They gave her the avg. amount of what she found.

She got from the insuance company $17K + for a 2000 accord EX.
when she bought the car for $12K.

she got a great deal.

Thats my advice.
indiglosolara
Solara 2 xB
Solara 2 xB

Postby reyrey127 » Fri Jan 21, 2005 8:13 pm

Thank you. I will do that.
reyrey127
Just Licensed SolaraGuy

Return to Toyota Camry